Coilovers?

Este408

Established Member
So I'm looking to purchase coilovers for my 2012 mustang 5.0. I don't need no expensive ones. I don't drag race or race at all just go to carshows alot so I'm looking for coilovers to slamm mu 5.0. I know it's not the best idea but that's what I like is the stance look. which coilovers do you guys think will give me that low stance look megan racing or bc racing?

5.0GT

Established Member
I would try the D2 setup that JPC offering. I didn't search for any reviews but it's tempting. They can give you a spring rate according to your driving style, track, street, or both from what I read in a thread. It's fully adjustable, hight and compression not sure about rebound. And it's just shy from a grand shipped. Seems like I was paid to write it I know, it's just tempting to me.

There's a hight adjustable Eibach for around 1300. I'd go with something height adjustable since you like car shows.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
D2 is a brand a buddy of mine runs on his 240sx , they are entry/mid level but for the price very hard to beat.

kingnut

Established Member
BC's here and I love them. They ride better than stock and handle amazing.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
D2's are nasty quality. I had a pre-production set of those coilovers on a previous car. Spring rates were wrong, way off, the valving on the shocks is all wrong, the ride was bouncy, the adjustment knobs broke off, the whole thing rusted after a very short amount of time. Not great coilovers. BC's are a hell of a lot better for the money, or ST's, or KW's if you can fork over the cash.

kingnut

Established Member
No need for a group buy. You can find them for $900 if you check around.

kingnut

Established Member
D2's are nasty quality. I had a pre-production set of those coilovers on a previous car. Spring rates were wrong, way off, the valving on the shocks is all wrong, the ride was bouncy, the adjustment knobs broke off, the whole thing rusted after a very short amount of time. Not great coilovers. BC's are a hell of a lot better for the money, or ST's, or KW's if you can fork over the cash.

I have heard this also. A member on here bought a set and was saying how bad they rode. And made noise. My BC's make zero noise.

rfugio68

Established Member
So I'm looking to purchase coilovers for my 2012 mustang 5.0. I don't need no expensive ones. I don't drag race or race at all just go to carshows alot so I'm looking for coilovers to slamm mu 5.0. I know it's not the best idea but that's what I like is the stance look. which coilovers do you guys think will give me that low stance look megan racing or bc racing?

I would go for bc's, they ride nice and seem to be of good quality for the price. Check out my thread thats as low as they'll go in the rear (removed spring perch). Frank @ modbargains or Nick @ hillbanks motorsports can get you setup on a set. Let me know if you have any questions on them!

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
BC's here and I love them. They ride better than stock and handle amazing.

Hey kingnut, what is your BC setup? I've got some on my car and I LOVE the way that it looks but man is this ride harsh. I never would have thought that it would've been so rough. I'm not taking them off because I don't mind it too much but my girlfriend and several of my friends are getting really tired of it. Haha. I bought them used so I'm not even sure what spring rates I have and I'm not even sure what the standard rates that they come with are. Just trying to gather some I for to see if there's anything I can do to make this ride better.

Shoyote

Established Member
I just got my 2014 GT a few days ago, after looking at all the options ill be going with BC's
Ive run them on my WRX for the last 2 years with no issues, can't beat them for the money

kingnut

Established Member
Hey kingnut, what is your BC setup? I've got some on my car and I LOVE the way that it looks but man is this ride harsh. I never would have thought that it would've been so rough. I'm not taking them off because I don't mind it too much but my girlfriend and several of my friends are getting really tired of it. Haha. I bought them used so I'm not even sure what spring rates I have and I'm not even sure what the standard rates that they come with are. Just trying to gather some I for to see if there's anything I can do to make this ride better.

I've got BC coils with the swift spring upgrade. The swifts were another $350 but well worth it because my car rides like a dream. I have stock spring rates 7k front and 5k rear. I had my car at full soft setting for a while. But now I have the fronts at 10 clicks and the rears at 4 clicks. Amazing the coilovers could be to soft. Check your firmness settings and turn them down. Or it could just be the swift springs stop it from being bouncy.

magnido45

Established Member
Just and fyi for anyone that may find this helpful as a starting reference point...I am running 20 clicks from soft (front) and 12 clicks from soft (rear) on the BC Racing BR-type coilovers, and it is a comfortable, firm ride with no harsh bumps/jolts to your back/rear end. Cold air pressure is set to 33.5 psi...The kit is standard 7K front/5k rear spring rates since I did not customize my order.

Very quiet ride, no noise...most folks go softer, but I found myself falling asleep when the car was too comfortable to drive...lol

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
What did you guys with BCs do for camber plates?

The fronts come with camber plates. No need for camber in the rear with a solid axle. I would go +1 in the front and throw them on there.

gatty1303

Established Member
thinking about getting this setup for my 2012 boss, but i am worried about getting out of my driveway lol. how low is the highest setting on the fronts?

Users who are viewing this thread