Coilover spring rate

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Ill be ordering my k member this afternoon. Not real sure what spring rate to go with. Its a street car that will see the strip more here soon then it has in the past. Plan to run strange 10 ways. Team Z recommends a 12" 175 or 200. Like to get a idea what you other turbo guys run. Is there a better strut for the price of a 10 way. Heard they can be noisy. Thanks

badblacklx

Established Member
I run a 14-175 and strange 10ways. Most of the time noise is caused by the caster camber plates by the shaft is slightly smaller on a strange strut than a standard strut. I believe team z makes a strange specific cc plate.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
This is all in a fox? I'm about 3350lb right now. Team z said 14" for stock strut and 12" for 10 ways. Not sure why though. I guess a 200lb spring maybe best then?

I have MM CC plates now.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
So were probably close on the weight of the front of the cars then. Car ride good. Spring doesnt seem to soft or hard? Thanks for the help btw.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
a 14-175 was a good street/strip option in my Cobra with adjustable Strange Front struts. handled decent on the street with no front sway bar and cut 1.3-1.4 60s at the track

ZACH'S97

Established Member
This thread is a little old but, did you ever install the coil overs? How much noise are you guys getting with the strange front coil over set up? What cc plates? I have access to strange coil overs, 14x175 springs, strange 10ways, and upr triangle cc plates very cheap "used" but new in the box. I just don't want a lot of noise. Right now my turbo cobra rides quiet and smooth but handling is lacking (which I'm ok with) with my factory 03 struts and 4cyl fox springs. My old coil overs were very noisey.

cblevons

Established Member
I just orered my team z k member today frank told me to go with 14 " and 200 # using lakewood 70/30 had strange in the car one day took them back and put lakewoods in much better ride and noise

Users who are viewing this thread