Coil Overs

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you don't want to hit up Maximum try hitting up TDS-03 on SCS. I'm pretty sure he's on coilovers. And he likes to do the SVTOA thing. He had the sonic 03 at the show.

BTSMUSTANG

Established Member
Im running 400lb front springs and I belive they are 12 inches long, buy the maximum motorsports kit, call them and they will help you decide what spring rate to get.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
If you don't want to hit up Maximum try hitting up TDS-03 on SCS. I'm pretty sure he's on coilovers. And he likes to do the SVTOA thing. He had the sonic 03 at the show.

I haven't been on there in awhile again lol I am most likely going to use the QA1 springs. I want a nice stance though.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
I run 350# front springs, I think 12" long. Its the Maximum Motorsports ones that come with their coilover packages.

The only ones I see that are 12 inches long on Maximum are the 250 and 275lb ones. Other then that they are shorter. And is that a 2.5 inch diameter?

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
The only ones I see that are 12 inches long on Maximum are the 250 and 275lb ones. Other then that they are shorter. And is that a 2.5 inch diameter?

I have no idea. I know they are hypercoils. When I called Maxiumum and told them my car and that it was IRS they suggested what spring rate to use. I don't even remember being asked about what size springs I wanted.

JoNasty

Established Member
130# 12". Wouldn't suggest it but dunno your setup or weight.

As far as the QA1 springs I can honestly say i've used them tons of there springs and never once ever had a problem with them, as far as them not being true rate or not holding there true spring rate after extensive passes.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Ive never driven my race car on the street... much. Its on rails on the race track though!

Front-MM Race 2 Struts w/ 10" 400# Hypercoils.

Rear-'00 Cobra R Shocks w/ 8" 600# Hypercoils.

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
130# 12". Wouldn't suggest it but dunno your setup or weight.

As far as the QA1 springs I can honestly say i've used them tons of there springs and never once ever had a problem with them, as far as them not being true rate or not holding there true spring rate after extensive passes.

Yea mine see's the garage and street more then the track. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread