Coil Over suspension question?

Roots25

Roots25
Established Member
Hi, I am brand new to road racing . My dad raced for years and its my turn to step into the racing world. I have an 86' GT mustang with an aftermarket K member to lighten and free up some space. I need to go with a coil over kit.

My question is what is going to give me the best handling for my buck. I don't mind spending extra dollars to get a car that handles. Ive doing a 5 lug conversion also and wasn't sureif there would be any hick ups with that.

thanks soo much

chris

amorrow

Established Member
I'd give Maximum Motorsports a call, imo this is definitely the best bang-for-the-buck. Several years ago, I wanted a handling package for my '98 Cobra, and decided to start with just the 4-wheel coilover kit with Bilstein shocks and struts...after all, this a package you can simply add onto if need-be. I, however, was pleased with the handling of my car after simply adding this, so it saved me a whole lotta $$ than if I were to have gone all-out from the start. And fwiw, I occasionally autocross my Cobra.

I suggest you take a similar route...start small, but purchase a system you can add onto (rather than replace) if you find you desire a bit more from your suspension setup. But do look at coilover systems; don't waste your time with conventional-spring setups. The benefits of coilovers (handling, ride quality, height-adjustability) make them no-brainers.

But, if you want the absolute best and cost is no concern, there's also Griggs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread