Coil Engine Code - Need help

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
So I changed out four of my coil connectors that were broken. Wasn't too difficult, but upon start up I am getting the CEL and the P0356 code which I believe is cylinder 6 (one of the ones that I swapped out). Tried clearing, but came back. Haven't taken it for a drive, but it does appear to be idling differently. Any idea of what I did? Was thinking of swapping a neighboring coil pack to make sure that I didn't burn it up somehow. Connector looks good though and no bent prongs on the coil or anything. I did not unhook the battery while doing this...

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Are you saying you repinned the connectors, if so I'd start there. You might have the wires swapped. Double check your wiring before swapping coil packs.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you saying you repinned the connectors, if so I'd start there. You might have the wires swapped. Double check your wiring before swapping coil packs.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Thanks. I got it going. Wires weren't crossed from the depinning but one of the wire ends was a little mangled from the depinning process.

Users who are viewing this thread