Codes, the FRPS... I neep some help!

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
OK, I'm trying to debug a sputtering problem and now the "service engine soon" light came on. I checked the code with my SCT Xcal2 and it is PO463 FUL LVL S CIR HI IN...? Earlier today (before the service engine light came on) I filled up with gas and the fuel gauge read empty not full. I turned the car off and restarted it and then the gauge read full. Soon after the light came on. What is this code?

My car has been sputtering mostly at full throttle, I am beginning to suspect the FRPS. I pulled the vacuum line and could not really tell if I smelled gas. I checked my oil and also could not really tell if I smelled gas. If I replace the FRPS can I tell if the diaphram has ruptured? I just changed the oil about 800 miles ago and don't want to do it if I don't have to (7 qts. Mobile 1 and a filter = $). I also plan to replace the plugs and the fuel filter.

Are there any special steps to take when replacing the FRPS? I assume I need to bleed off the fuel pressure before removing it. Is that right?

I need advice from you folks. Thanks. :thumbsup:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I assume I need to bleed off the fuel pressure before removing it. Is that right?
Yeah push down the little valve on the other fuel rail to relieve the pressure and you're good to go. Plugs sound like a good idea. Unfortunately if your FRPS turns out to be bad you'll have to change the oil because it's very likely been contaminated with gas.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Yeah, I guess I will change the oil and filter to be safe. I am hoping that the new plugs, fuel filter and FRPS will solve the sputtering. :shrug:

How about the code that triggered the service engine light. I seems that it has the do with the fuel level sensor which would make sense since after a fill up it still showed empty. Turning it off and restarting it made the gauge register correctly. Has this ever happened to anyone else? :??:

Users who are viewing this thread