Code Alarm

cobra1993svt

Established Member
I had a Code Alarm installed by the dealer at the time I purchased my 93. Does anybody know how to eliminate the alarm? I'm still amd going to leave the red light in the car I just want it to start everytime I turn the key with out disabling the alarm
Thanks for the help

buddha93

Established Member
Personally, I remove the whole damn thing when I come across one. I've done a few as of late. Most of the "work" is involved in tracing how it's wired in. Removal of the box and whatnot is a straight forward deal.

Are you wanting to keep all of the other features......door lock, shock sensor, etc.?

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
Had to check your post count before I responded, it almost sounded like you were trying to steal the damn thing, lol. I just took mine out that I paid to have put in when I bought the car back in 97. It had the prox sensors and everyting. Just find the box and follow the wires out.

The shop that did my install twisted their wires together with a power screwdriver before hooking them up just like they all did back in the day so it had that cool candy cane look (it was the 90's what else can you say). Made it easy to find wires they put in as opposed to oem wires.

Hook the red light up to the battery if you just want a decoy, or they sell fakes if that's too much wiring.

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Ha trying to steal it. Its up on 4 jackstands for over a year now. I just still need to start it every once and a while to keep everything up and running. I do have a good freind who's a BMW tech. So if I get him up to look at it he'll be able to figure it out. Because I have no clue. Im more of a detailer then a tech

BHAM

Established Member
if it has starter disable you will have to remove the brain. then you will have to go in and find the starter wire that gets 12 v when cranking, apon installation that wire is cut and one side goes to the relay system and the other to the goes to the hot side of the relay system, when the alarm is armed the relay system keeps the starter from getting 12 volts no matter if the key is in and in the cranking position. disarming the alarm allows the relay to be energized and then can supply 12v to the starter when key on key crank. all you have to do it snip both sieds of the relay systen off and reconnect the original starter wire back together. if you have power locks ford had a five wire system, and a relay needed to be built to lock/unlock the car via the alarm. if i recal unplugging the brain also stops the doorlocks from working, you will be looking foe the pink/yellow- pink green wires in the drivers kick panel. reconnect those back together and remove the relay bundle. its been over 15 years since ive installed alarms, so the wire color might be wrong, but you can definatly tell what is factory wiring and what is not. hope this helps a little.

cobra1993svt

Established Member
OK I have a Master BMW tech coming Sat to diconnent this. I've copied the posts and he should be able to do it??????????

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
If your friend can work on BMW wiring then he can certainly pull an alarm on an old foxbody. If the dealer installed it originally then everything will be right there under the dash. He will just pull the box and reconnect the 12 gauge starter wire back to itself with a butt connector (or solder with wrap if he has the means).

buddha93

Established Member
The box is a no brainer, as well as most of the associated switches. It can get a bit hairy though, as I've done a few that they wiring goes through the factory wiring harness that runs throught the door jamb, then behind the door panel.......not fun stuff. Some of them also get into the steering column, tied into the ignition wires.

So long as all the wires are traced and identified and you don't go in and just start cutting wires, it should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread