Cobra vs STi.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
I was cruising along and out pops a white STi, I couldn't tell if its the newest one because he was always behind me. :-D From the outside he had exhaust, gold wheels, with huge gold brembos. I pull up beside him and put it into second. I don't think this guy knows what three honks are, but anyways I goto honk and he nails it, so I do. I pulled him pretty good.

I let him catch up so we can talk and he doesn't even look over. I get into another lane to turn and I see he pull out this little black rectangle screen with a wire hanging off of it. I think he thought is was cool or something because he was holding it up playing with it so everyone can see, then he rolls down his window (with screen in hand), I roll mine down and he says, "You want to run on the highway?". I say, "hell yeah!"

So I follow him on the highway, pull up next to him, and begin to honk 3 times. I pull on him once again. I see him coming up fast in the side mirror and when he gets a car back, I nail it again and stop his pull he is at my rear bumper but a car was in front of me so I let off.

I turn of the highway and as I pass him he gives me a thumbs up.:coolman:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
sounds like maybe he had a boost controller and he was upping the boost, but i dont know for sure.. good kills on him, and at least he gave a thumbs up at the end of the day.

you can tell what gen sti it is by the headlights.. if it had a pointy looking nose with tiny headlights its probably the 06/07 if it had more of a flat nose with bigger headlights (but not round bugeyes as they are just the standard wrx's from 02 or 03) then it was the 04/05. same motors i believe in either generation sti though.

evo connevo

Established Member
The new sti's are even faster than the previous yrs due to the larger turbo vf43 i believe...actually if you want to get technical its a larger wastegate. They have longer gears and make crazy torque with boltons now.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
I am pretty sure its the new one with the weird looking front end. It also had a huge wing.

I wish I knew what mods if any he had.

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
I just saw a modded new one today on the freeway...I think the new ones are cool looking...we didnt have any place to play, but I want to see what they have in them, since I may buy one when I sell

SVTBMG

Banned
Had a similar run in with an STI. It was loud as hell with the big trash can sized tip, and A-pilar gauges. He had a modified the BOV for sure and looked to have a Boost control on the dash. When I put a hurtin on him 2 times both times i gave him the jump and he was a couple of cars in front to begin with he got mad and flipped me off...LOL What a ricer bitch. I thought that was just one sore looser, but then I ran into a New black RX8 with a turbo and exhaust and spanked him and he did the same thing. WHat is it with these guys. They are such babies sometimes. I have lost plenty of times...to Z06's and always smiled after. I expected it, and it is all in good fun.

You got one that was cool.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
I know just what you mean, but they all can't be bad. I don't want to post anything negative in case he comes on here and reads the post.

Last edited:

blackfang

Established Member
They can be nasty with mods. A buddy is making 456 awhp with his 2004. However that car has a ton of crap done to it including meth.

USA-1

Established Member
boundless said:
I just hate the way STI's sound... They sound worst then Vipers....

I agree.

Its a 4 cylinder, its gonna sound like crap no matter what you do to it.

And sticking a fart can on it sure as hell doesn't help anything.

termin8r

From STi to SVT
Established Member
USA-1 said:
I agree.

Its a 4 cylinder, its gonna sound like crap no matter what you do to it.

And sticking a fart can on it sure as hell doesn't help anything.
boundless said:
I just hate the way STI's sound... They sound worst then Vipers....

um, they're horizontally opposed 4 cylinders. AFAIK, The only other car manufacturer that uses Boxer engines still is Porsche. Both sound intoxicating... My WRX with full exhaust had a lumpier idle than my Cobra and any Modular that I've heard for that matter. I had people asking all the time what kind of engine was under the hood since it doesn't sound like your average 4 cylinder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread