Cobra vs. Lightning

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
On the way to work this morning, rolled up behind a Lightning at a red light. Tractor trailer in the left lane, the Lightning rolled out to about 1 1/2 cars in front of me and he hit it. I couldn't use 1st gear on him, so I mashed the pedal in 2nd and wound up a 1/2 car ahead by 100 when we let off. Good race and his truck was loud as hell. We then turned onto RT.1 and I got next to him and gave the thumbs up, but he wouldn't look over. Maybe he was butt hurt. :shrug:

Mods: Kenne Bell ram air / SLP1 CB

Last edited:

Scarpino

Established Member
meh.....

unknown (lightning) mods vs (cobra) Kenne Bell ram air / SLP1 CB

Either way...good kill.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
lightning vs cobra . result pretty obvious . . good kill on a 4600-4700 lb brick

I just posted the race since I rarely get anything of quality to go against. For all I know he could have had a KB huffer on there and it would have been disadvantage me.

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Good kill, i would of thought you would get more than 1/2 car though? He must of been packing some power!

*Edit* I just realized you never said what year it was, could be why it was so close...

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
What are you guys worried that a Lightning may hang with a 03-04 Cobra? haha news flash they arent always the fastest thing out there.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
What are you guys worried that a Lightning may hang with a 03-04 Cobra? haha news flash they arent always the fastest thing out there.

When did anyone say that? How many L's do you see staying within 1/2 car of a 03-04 cobra....not very damn many...thats the point I was bringing up. Hell 2tonOFun even brought up it must not be a 03-04...guess what he drives? I know my cars not the fastest car in the world, but it should beat a lightning everyday unless he's got some HEAVY shit done to it! Esp. If I had a KB on it like the OP had. How many lightnings stick with a KB 03-04? Think before you post...it might do you some good :bored:

Last edited:

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
When did anyone say that? How many L's do you see staying within 1/2 car of a 03-04 cobra....not very damn many...thats the point I was bringing up. Hell 2tonOFun even brought up it must not be a 03-04...guess what he drives? I know my cars not the fastest car in the world, but it should beat a lightning everyday unless he's got some HEAVY shit done to it! Esp. If I had a KB on it like the OP had. How many lightnings stick with a KB 03-04? Think before you post...it might do you some good :bored:

No where did I say that a close to stock lightning would stay with am KB Cobra. I was just stating the fact that some people think no matter what a cobra will always destroy a Lightning no matter what mods.

2tonOfun

Established Member
My L puts down 405 / 504 to the wheels and I can't stay within a car length of a stock 03 Cobra up to 100mph. Let alone a KB Cobra.

96mark8

Established Member
i think the fastest one is usually the one with the most finacially secure owner, lol. ive seen a TT lightning on youtube that makes over 1k hp and almost 1k torque at the wheels..

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
my fault...

Lightnings suck. Your 03-04 Cobras are far more superior.

lol you need some counseling...? The only person who said anything about was 2tonOfun he owns a damn lightning...really what is your problem? I even said my car is not the fastest out there, i know theres lightnings out there that will smoke the shit out of my car...you need some happy pills or something lol

tj04cobra

Established Member
i got my shit handed to me by a whippled lightning that ran like a mofo on the freeway one night it was pretty interesting, i saw it coming tho as i still have a stock eaton with stock upper and lower, but it was fun to see a truck run that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread