Cobra Tuners in MissOuri

04 RedFire

2014 Black GT500
Established Member
Hey, I'm in Columbia also! What section do you live in. I'm in the extreme South West section?

Anyway, How much tunning are you wanting? i.e. What are your mods? That makes a big difference in where you can go.

Rob

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
04 RedFire said:
Hey, I'm in Columbia also! What section do you live in. I'm in the extreme South West section?

Anyway, How much tunning are you wanting? i.e. What are your mods? That makes a big difference in where you can go.

Rob

i'm in southside columbia off of bethel and nikki way..
i also live on the east side on quite a bit of property out in the country.

tuning for now i just need it for my x pipe, exhaust, 2.76 pulley, RAI, BAP.. that's really about it, i am thinking about going RWTD b/c my buddy greg uses them and it seems to work quite well for him and everyone else i've talked to..
i'm keeping my current set up minimal due to the fact i'm saving for a kenne :D
and rob, are you on midmosr.com ? (not that i frequent that site) or anything else? ever down to meet up and cruise with a coupla other cobras?

peace, jake.

04 RedFire

2014 Black GT500
Established Member
Not sure there are any Predator tuners close to us that I would trust. I don't know anything about the place in KC but I have only been here a couple of years. I'm thinking of going to a SCT before it's all over since that is what tuners seem to be close to here.

I'm basically dead west of where you are and live in a subdivision. I'm 04RedFire on midmosr.com and just joined them a month or so ago. I actually looked at starting a local SVTOA chapter last year but couldn't find enough SVT's to get a decent start on the club so I joined the centralmomustang.org club and trying to help that get moving. We have been having web troubles for the last couple of months so we are rebuilding the site and changing ISP's real soon. I'm always looking for more "car guys" to go cruising and BS'ing with.

Rob

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
04 RedFire said:
Not sure there are any Predator tuners close to us that I would trust. I don't know anything about the place in KC but I have only been here a couple of years. I'm thinking of going to a SCT before it's all over since that is what tuners seem to be close to here.

I'm basically dead west of where you are and live in a subdivision. I'm 04RedFire on midmosr.com and just joined them a month or so ago. I actually looked at starting a local SVTOA chapter last year but couldn't find enough SVT's to get a decent start on the club so I joined the centralmomustang.org club and trying to help that get moving. We have been having web troubles for the last couple of months so we are rebuilding the site and changing ISP's real soon. I'm always looking for more "car guys" to go cruising and BS'ing with.

Rob

damn well count me in man.. i'm always down to cruise and mess around..
question- i got my x pipe and cat back in.. any places you know or shops (friends) that have a lift i could use if i pitch them some $$ ?
just need to get in and out with the xpipe and cb without using jackstands in my garage and taking what could be a simple project, a lengthy one.. :)
i'm going to be really busy until next week, but feel free to give me a call-
303.356.2853 and the name is jake.

later rob.
fyi i think i'm going to go with RWTD.com they seem pretty good from what i've personally experienced, however supertuneperformance looks like they have a nice facility.. but seeing as how i've ridden in cobras tuned by RWTD i'll probably take that route.

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
has anyone heard of Injected Racing is Springfield i know they use a predator tune and i am thinking of going to him to get a tune done his website is www.injectedracing.com 417-873-9900 ask for dave

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
03roush said:
has anyone heard of Injected Racing is Springfield i know they use a predator tune and i am thinking of going to him to get a tune done his website is www.injectedracing.com 417-873-9900 ask for dave

never heard of him, but glad you mentioned it.
i'm definitely going to have to check them out. let me know results if you go.

jake.

04 RedFire

2014 Black GT500
Established Member
Had my car dynoe'd at Steigmeirs last year. Did some standard Predator changes to fuel and timing but he uses SCT (unless he has now added Predator) so he doesn't have the software for the Predator to do anything major. I am considering changing to the SCT because of him only using SCT.

I'm real cautious of having my car tuned unless the shop has done a lot of Terminators. From what I can tell each model even within brands are so different that if someone can tune a Lightning they might not know the whole story on the Cobras and visa versa. So if they do Hondas or Corvettes I don't know that they would have the knowledge to do a good tune. I personally saw where a L had been tuned by a well known and respected shop that mostly did Cobras that they had the L tune too lean for a tuner that a group actually flew in. I really wish I understood it better than I do. I probably just need to do some research and become a tuner myself?

Rob

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
04 RedFire said:
Had my car dynoe'd at Steigmeirs last year. Did some standard Predator changes to fuel and timing but he uses SCT (unless he has now added Predator) so he doesn't have the software for the Predator to do anything major. I am considering changing to the SCT because of him only using SCT.

I'm real cautious of having my car tuned unless the shop has done a lot of Terminators. From what I can tell each model even within brands are so different that if someone can tune a Lightning they might not know the whole story on the Cobras and visa versa. So if they do Hondas or Corvettes I don't know that they would have the knowledge to do a good tune. I personally saw where a L had been tuned by a well known and respected shop that mostly did Cobras that they had the L tune too lean for a tuner that a group actually flew in. I really wish I understood it better than I do. I probably just need to do some research and become a tuner myself?

Rob

I'm leaning towards RTWD.com .. seem's like it'll suffice, esp. because Greg's car runs well with it, and I have a wideband, so.. :shrug:

fast black gt

03roush said:

I am getting 5k worth of parts from him for my build and will be towing the atng down to him for tuning. He is a great guy, if you don't get him on the first ring try again a little later he is one guy working his own shop.

Josh

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
i'm going to have to check out injected racing because super tune performane decided they don't tune diablo sport anymore :shrug:

Lances03GT

Has a Cobra now
Established Member
S.V.T. said:
I'm leaning towards RTWD.com .. seem's like it'll suffice, esp. because Greg's car runs well with it, and I have a wideband, so.. :shrug:

I have a tune from them and my car run's damn good with it.I need another tune since I've done more mod's though.

Users who are viewing this thread