cobra swap tunning questions

Demonio

Established Member
Hello, im doing a build cobra swap with a return system on a 02 mustang gt with a th400 swap, my question is when I take my car for tunning do I need to break in the motor before the tunner goes balls out on the motor or should I tell him to give me a base tune, drive it for a while then after some mileage on the motor take back the car for a final tune?
also, can I turn the car on if the car was returnless and im going return without a base tune, im eliminating the fprs.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
If the motor is brand new 0 miles, yes it needs to be broken in by driving it and a tuner can send you a tune usually to do this safely. If its just a swap from a cobra thats already been driven, no you dont need to break it in. As far as turning the car on, i believe as long as you have the stock style injectors on the stock tune you should be ok.

Demonio

Established Member
Injectors r 80 pounds and maf was also changed to cobra, motor has zero miles. So how long before I can go all out on the motor?

Demonio

Established Member
Anyone have a link on how to set up the wiring on a return style set up. I need a wire that will trigger my pumps with the fore controller?

Last edited:

Demonio

Established Member
I'm deleting the frps and fpdm on the tunes which wire do I use for to trigger the relay to run the pumps?

Users who are viewing this thread