COBRA STORIES

QuickStangs

Established Member
COBRA STORIES

How did you find your cobra. My find was pure luck. I never was into stangs I was always checking out a local car lot for a mustang fox body It didn't matter what kind it was just wanted a 5.0. I saw a red gt 88 with low miles but I did not like the color so the following day I see this black mustang saw the snakes on the side big deal I didn't know how rare they were. Test drove it and fell in love. It was the right color also. A few young guys said it was fake it did not matter to me I just wanted a fox body 5.0. To make this long story short I found out later after research that this was a rare car and the vin numbers match the 93 cobra. :r:pure luck must say. I've only seen one on the street in my area so far that was two years ago. :rolling: :D

Last edited:

01boltn93cobra

I found my 93 cobra 5 years ago in my local ford trader. I went down and looked at it it had 7, 800 miles on the ticker and still had the plastic on the floors etc. The owner 3 months before hand installed a powerdyne supercarger and exhaust . He drove the car like 3 times with the blower and his wife got pregnent etc etc so he had to sell the car I made him a offer of 16,500 he was asking 19,000. He told me to screw off . Well 6 months later he traded in at my ford dealer on a taurus ..lol they gave him 10,500 for it and made some payments lower etc etc and i bought it with 30 miles more then it had when i looked at it 6 months before for 12,000 !!!! Couldent have worked out better !!!:) :p

NotSoTame

Established Member
found mine this summer, i was really just looking for shits and giggles for fox body mustangs in my area and what pops up, a 93 cobra, around here they seem to get decent money for them all the ones with70-100 grand on them still go for 14-17 grand so i saw one for 13 and was like thats kinda cheap, it came as it is now but what makes this funny is i wasnt even really looking for a car but at the very moment my friend called and said that they had a job aval, at his work and i had it if i wanted it (i worked there b/4) so at the momment it clicked i was gona go for it, this was a thursday afternoon, friday i went and looked at it drove it decided i wanted it, got the check from the bank that afternoon, was gona pick it up on sat but my friend who is a ford tech couldnt make it in time, a little wedding hangover action, anyways went down there sunday now heres where the good part comes in i got the check for 11 wich was not what we agreed on but there were a couple little things wrong with it, a few chips in the chrome on the rims, the carpet wasnt the nicest and no floor mats, but im only 18 so i could never aford a mint condition super low mile cobra and this was the right price and it had potential, so after my frind checked it over real good even went down to the amaco certi care and slipped them a 20 to let us use there lift, i said i got a check for 11 its late august and that is pretty much the end of performance car sales here in mn so he said ok, i drove it home that day, iv had coutless good
times sinse and dont regret it at all, i do now have a new #1 enemy the insurence guy, and people say lawyers are blood suckers

P.S. any suggetions for a lisence plate please tell me

'93#3989

Established Member
Bought mine new from the dealer. Saw it on the lot, went next door and ate a slab of ribs(mmm good), went back and drove it home. That was June 15,1993.

gr85o

:) I've always wanted a 93 cobra and I've had a habit the past few years of looking thru the classifieds just to see if any are listed. See a few, but out of my budget. Anyway, one Sun in Oct of 2k I was reading the morning paper and as usual I looked at the classifieds and saw one for 8 grand. I called the guy and arranged to look at it. It was stock and had 108k miles on it but was in great condition and ran like new. It was his daily driver, never raced, and he had been putting it in shows. I didn't even try to hagle. I drove it home, put it in title only, loaded it on a trailer and took it to my mothers garage in KY, since I had to go spend a year in Korea. Well I'm back now and once I get settled I'm going to go get it and finally drive it.:D Can't wait!

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Well it's not a Fox Cobra... but I got a story!

Spring of '98 I decided I was going Cobra hunting! I always wanted a '93, and came close to purchasing one late in '93 off the showroom floor, but things didn't pan out and I had to buy cheaper sports cars until I could afford my COBRA again.
I wanted a 5.0 instead of the mod-motor so I was looking at '93-'95. I looked at one '93 and the poor thing was shattered and overpriced. There was nothing real close... one red '94 'bout 2.5 hours from me, and a black '95 'bout 2 hours from me. I called on both. The red '94 had 12,300 miles on it and the black '95 had like 8k on it.

I talked to the owner of the '94 a couple of times cuz Red was a preference over black and I wanted leather and the black had cloth. I ended up telling him I don't think I would have the time to come look at it since it's too far to get the drive in with the work schedule I had at the time. He said if I was SERIOUS about the car and wanted to look at it, he could arrange it in short time. I told him I was buying a Cobra either way... and soon. He asked me how close I was to the nearest airport... 'bout 15 minutes. He said he'd take the car out of storage and drive it 1/2 hour closer to the hanger where he keeps his PLANE and fly up and pick me up and fly me to the car to go look at it (1/2 hour flight one way)!! WOW! He was a pilot so... why not!

So me an the G/F went to the lil airport and he picked us up in his 2-engine 4-seater plane (don't know planes). I've NEVER been on a small plane nor had the G/F so this was FUN! We got there in what felt like nothing longer than 20 minutes and I walk into the back hanger and there she sat... DAMN what a sweet car! Lil test drive and some bartering and next thing you know I'm getting directions home cuz SHE WAS MINE! It was a 2-hour scenic drive on a gorgeous day in my first ever COBRA! I'll never forget it.... :)

Last edited:

svt2205

Established Member
I purchased my 93 SVT Cobra back in March of 94. It was a left over that the dealer couldn't get rid of. I was lucky enough to get it for less than invoice. Back in 93 dealers were selling these things at sticker or higher. To make the experience much more fun. I drove my new SVT home in 14 inches of snow. Let me tell you, that was one hell of a ride. Made it the whole way sliping and sliding, but didn't get it stuck. Until I drove into my driveway.

My SVT was a daily driver for the 1st 2 years. SVT's and snow are something to experience. Thankfully, I don't have to risk the car in the crappy weather any longer.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
I hope you got it for a couple grand less...
Late in '93 I was looking at a new red Cobra on the showroom and I told the guy before he even talks to me, to knock 2-grand off the 19k sticker, and he didn't even bat an eyelash at it! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread