Cobra Service Manual

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
well the best is the helm factory service manual.

it would cover every trim for the 98 mustang.

as an amateur do-it-yourselfer, i have found these publications to be absolutely invaluable over the years

shurur

Established Member
The Haynes/Chilton (same company now) is a good start and worth every penny.

The actual Ford manuals can be had as reprints on ebay. You can also find them at big (electronic) flea markets where there are vendors in textbooks and such.

I have gotten by with the Haynes manual and youtube/SVTP/Internet for repairs..so far....

But, The Ford wiring diagram manual is especially worth buying as it is more detailed than the Haynes.

If you have the cash for the Ford repair. Manual, I would get it; otherwise you can acquire it later as cash allows. It really belongs at a work desk in a shop though.

The Haynes manual is nice because you won't feel bad if it gets dogged eared or tossed around outside in anger...just saying.

Last edited:

Tillerman77

Established Member
If you have the cash for the Ford repair. Manual, I would get it; otherwise you can acquire it later as cash allows. It really belongs at a work desk in a shop though.
+1. It is as thick as an old metro phone book. Definitely worth getting.

jman37

Established Member
I was able to score a '97 Ford service manual through cd that's very similar to AllData but has every but of information for my car, even wiring. It was like 10 bucks

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
The Haynes/Chilton (same company now) is a good start and worth every penny.

The actual Ford manuals can be had as reprints on ebay. You can also find them at big (electronic) flea markets where there are vendors in textbooks and such.

I have gotten by with the Haynes manual and youtube/SVTP/Internet for repairs..so far....

But, The Ford wiring diagram manual is especially worth buying as it is more detailed than the Haynes.

The Haynes manual is nice because you won't feel bad if it gets dogged eared or tossed around outside in anger...just saying.
100% agree, the factory shop manuals are a wealth of knowledge. I scored a used FSM from a bulk reseller on Ebay about 5 years ago, they must not have known the true value because I got it for a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread