Cobra Rear Tie Rod Ends

svtcobra041

Established Member
Looking for Cobra Rear Outer Tie Rod Ends any idea where to get them or part numbers for them? looking for 01-04 style

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
They are called "toe links" in the rear and as far as I know Ford doesn't make them anymore. I damaged the threads in my stock pieces when I had the rear end apart for a gear swap over the winter. The dealership told me Ford doesn't make them anymore and the people at the parts store won't even know what you're talking about, not even NAPA.

The only replacements I was able to find was at FTBR, and they are definitely quality parts! Full Tilt Boogie Racing Shopping Cart

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
They are called "toe links" in the rear and as far as I know Ford doesn't make them anymore. I damaged the threads in my stock pieces when I had the rear end apart for a gear swap over the winter. The dealership told me Ford doesn't make them anymore and the people at the parts store won't even know what you're talking about, not even NAPA.

The only replacements I was able to find was at FTBR, and they are definitely quality parts! Full Tilt Boogie Racing Shopping Cart

So much mis-information out there. See post #3...

Ford trailing link: XR3Z-5K848-BA. Tousley price: $136.52.

IRS_Diagram.jpg

Sure you can also buy HD aftermarket units, & MM has sold them for many years...

IRS Tie-rod & Bumpsteer Kits : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
So much mis-information out there. See post #3...

Ford trailing link: XR3Z-5K848-BA. Tousley price: $136.52.

IRS_Diagram.jpg

Sure you can also buy HD aftermarket units, & MM has sold them for many years...

IRS Tie-rod & Bumpsteer Kits : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

Okay, feel better now that you've called me out? :thumbsup:

All I know is that when I needed that part three different local dealerships told me the part is not available from Ford, it's past it's parts retention period.

Apparently your mileage varies.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Okay, feel better now that you've called me out? :thumbsup:

All I know is that when I needed that part three different local dealerships told me the part is not available from Ford, it's past it's parts retention period.

Apparently your mileage varies.

Nah, only trying to point out that more often than not, some of the parts-counter people can be real clueless!!

Users who are viewing this thread