Cobra Radiator Cover

Beavis281

Established Member
Is it? I was reading some reviews and it said it was but they told me it wasn't. There's one that's 130$ and one for 170$ both say plain black

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I swear on my life I ordered mine from Jegs and it was engraved

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Idea of drilling into car is what i dont like about.

there are few options for hood struts arent there? i would think there would be some that dont require drilling. the struts on my gt500 are bolt on. cant recall the brand

2003SVTFreak

Established Member
there are few options for hood struts arent there? i would think there would be some that dont require drilling. the struts on my gt500 are bolt on. cant recall the brand
I'm not sure, the ones i have seen have all been drill in types.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Idea of drilling into car is what i dont like about.

I'm not sure, the ones i have seen have all been drill in types.

No-drill hood struts are the only mods I've done to my car (it came with the light bar). Check out American Muscle. No drilling required.

cj428mach

Established Member
I have the AM no drill hood struts and love them. I was at a car show with 2 buddies with terminators. 2 of us had hood struts and one didnt, a large wind gust blew and the one with out hood struts had his prop rod kick out and the hood came crashing down. After that i was really sold on the hood struts lol.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I got the MMD struts from AM. $80.00. No drilling required. I haven't installed them yet but look great. Clean and simple. One thing is the Jegs style cover doesn't go over as far I don't think and doesn't require hood struts but it doesn't look as good either. As far as the link I gave, I ordered mine from Sacramento Mustang last Friday and still hasn't shipped. I'm going to call them today since I don't know if they have to order from the manufacturer or what which is Undercover Innovations and that's who referred me to Sacramento Mustangs and told me Jegs does not sell the engraved ones. FYI

93VORTECH

Established Member
I installed the NO-DRILL MRT Hood Struts. And for a few extra bucks I had them Paint and Color Match the Mounting Brackets. Well worth the money and they look better than that factory prop rod IMO

choate

Established Member
Alright guys. Finally got the cover in. I haven't had a chance to install it yet but I did test fit it and you do NOT need hood struts if you don't want. I bought some anyways. It's a good looking piece. Kind of pricey for a bent and cut piece of sheet metal but the engraving is perfect and looks fantastic. I'll post pics in a second

choate

Established Member
There is a center piece too. I haven't got that out of the packaging yet. You can see how the letters are cut in the angled pic. They're all like that but the light is just glaring here in the pic
46f48d6783da7cb3850ae6e1d7ca5458.jpg

ec27ba130c327b281336e105b2abb915.jpg

904ab0d0a2db3b2e41a3b581cfdea6a4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

choate

Established Member
Its on. U will definitely have to drill this if you want it to stay FYI. I put two holes straight down on each side of the edge of the T and R into the bumper. Doesn't bother me but drilling is likely required. I still dig it. The sun was right on the motor and I couldn't get a good pic

choate

Established Member
FYI and a couple tips since I messed with this again last night and its much better. You dont need struts to install this, but if you want to shut the hood you do lol. The prop wont go back in its slot to lay flat and close the hood. Also, at first I left the OEM plastic cover on. It kind of gets in the way but when you go go shut the hood you have to slam it. Remove that.

After I removed that it fit much better and I probably wouldn't have had to drill holes because I used the factory push pins in the location made in the Aftermarket cover. I covered the drilled holes with some rubber plugs I had so no big deal there. Also you may have to bend/modify the center piece and the whole thing some to get it just right but I was able to use that once you remove the plastic stock cover. You can see here in the picture the center piece is sticking up some. I modified it to lay flat. Overall I like it and glad I did it

809d46a36d953b3e679deb4c679cc3f7.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread