Cobra R, SVT items and misc. stuff found on eBay and for sale elsewhere

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ok Guys:

In an effort to consolidate "finds" on Ebay and general for sale items, related to the Cobra "R" vehicles, SVT items and other misc. stuff, we have created this thread totally dedicated for that sole purpose.

Feel free to post any related items in here!

Last edited:

roch

07 Shelby,03 SVT 10th
Established Member
Hi , i have that you have the collection of R and i was looking to get a 1993 COBRA R. I presentlty have a 2000 COBRA R #174. Would you know where i can get a 93 or 95 COBRA R?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
roch said:
Hi , i have that you have the collection of R and i was looking to get a 1993 COBRA R. I presentlty have a 2000 COBRA R #174. Would you know where i can get a 93 or 95 COBRA R?

There are some people on this forum who list the R's for sale that you are looking for. The Cobra R's for sale section usually has some for sale, we also list some of the Cobra R's that come up for bid on eBay.

Thanks, Robert

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
roch, welcome! where in canada? do you drive your R on track? mont tremblant is on my to-do list, some day!

roch

07 Shelby,03 SVT 10th
Established Member
I live in New Brunswick, No never been on track with' Yes mont tremblant real nice track. Mosport been there but to race with formula 2000 cars.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Not a Cobra, but instead another wrapper SVT.................

Well maybe not wrapper since the plastic has been removed, but the next thing to wrapper condition. I guess this is still cosidered a late model truck at only 13+ years old. $23K, reserve met, 6+ days left....................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=290074784016&rd=1&rd=1

I like the Gen 1 L, I would prefer the center seat/console that was available for 94 and 95.

R

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Money must be wired and cleared through my bank before the vehicle will be released.

:-D I had a deal worked out on a car and when they required this: I walked away (quickly).

Am I understanding this auction? It looks to me that it has no reserve?

If so, why would a guy pay the cost of storing this vehicle in a heated garage for 13 years and then sale it for a big loss? :shrug:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
:-D I had a deal worked out on a car and when they required this: I walked away (quickly).

Am I understanding this auction? It looks to me that it has no reserve?

If so, why would a guy pay the cost of storing this vehicle in a heated garage for 13 years and then sale it for a big loss? :shrug:

When I sold my last 71 429 Mach 1, I had the same type of requirements. Now days it seems that you can quickly be caught holding a useless piece of paper and your vehicle has been signed off to its new owner.

Some one on the L forum had said reserve has been met, so I assumed they had been watching this item and seen it with a reserve.

I guess the same questions could be asked of a museum? Why would they pay for mint condition vehicles to just sit year in and year out? How much is actually recouped from patrons viewing these vehicles? Are they (the vehicles) a write-off? I'm sure some museum people aren't even "car enthusiasts", or at least no specific car. I would guess that the owner of this L enjoys cars/trucks, and they chose to spend his/her money on something they enjoy? I don't know?, like I said in the past, I have to at least drive my cars sometimes, at least. This auction is far from over. I am surprised that this L is this high. Maybe it is false bidding and it will not go any further for the next 6 days? How much was an L like this when new?

It will be a long time before any of these late model cars/trucks bring "real money" (what ever real money is), but when I read the discription/definition of investment in the dictionary, investment is not a certain amount or percentage over the initial expense, or over the total $$$'s that have been spent over the time of ownership, but instead "Any" gain over the total expense at time of sale is considered an investment. Some investments a small, some large. Any gain is an investment according to the Websters' definition.

R

Last edited:

svt2205

Established Member
Unless I've got cash in hand, I would require some form of clearing period on any transfer of funds. Hell my bank now requires 10 days for a cashier's check to clear before they'll release the funds. So unless there's something really fishy going on with the seller, it's not all that unreasonable.

I don't know about you guys, but any time I see wrapper or almost no miles on cars/trucks, you can almost be sure there's more then 1 in the guys collection. So I can't imagine he's all that worried about storage costs and all... My 2 cents only....

Oh well, still wish I had money for this. Would be a nice addition to my 93 Cobra. However, I'd drive the truck....

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
svt2205 said:
Unless I've got cash in hand, I would require some form of clearing period on any transfer of funds. Hell my bank now requires 10 days for a cashier's check to clear before they'll release the funds. So unless there's something really fishy going on with the seller, it's not all that unreasonable.

I don't know about you guys, but any time I see wrapper or almost no miles on cars/trucks, you can almost be sure there's more then 1 in the guys collection. So I can't imagine he's all that worried about storage costs and all... My 2 cents only....

Oh well, still wish I had money for this. Would be a nice addition to my 93 Cobra. However, I'd drive the truck....

My C.U. is the same way. Unless you go to the buyers bank and recieve the funds there, you could be in trouble. It used to be bank checks were as good as cash. Now a quality copy can be made, and leave you with nothing in the end.

That 93L would be a nice trailer pull vehicle for car shows or track side with the 93 Cobra on the trailer. ; )

It could be yours, please sign here>> X............................

R

Last edited:

svt2205

Established Member
Probably going to add this to my list of "ain't going to happens" just like owning the GT350 that I've wanted since I was a kid.... Stupid me invested in my education or my house vs buying the 65/66 I wanted.... Oh well...

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:

My auctions read a little differently as I do sell and will ship world wide:

"Payment is by certified US funds only, and payment in full is due within 3 business days of close of auction."

And in addition to that mine further states:

"We can assist with setting up world wide shipping at the end of the auction, however, the car and it's paperwork will not leave the owners possession until all funds have cleared our bank, no exceptions"

Nothing wrong with making sure that the funds given for any item are real......Especially with the internet scams that have grown into a major epidemic in the last 10 or so years. If people do not like my terms they can always send me an email to discuss them.But the one thing that stands firm is my paperwork or vehicle leaving my posession before the funds have cleared.....

Bill S.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
mrmustang said:
"Payment is by certified US funds only, and payment in full is due within 3 business days of close of auction."

Bill,
I agree that one must be careful as it regards getting real funds from a buyer.

However, I refuse to wire money to a seller. If you wire funds (as he requested), how do you know you'll ever get a clear title? The wired funds are good as soon as they are received. That situation is a one-way street.

What if he doesn't get you the proper paperwork? What if the title ends up having a lien on it that can't be easily cleared? What if the title is forged?

I am no reason to doubt this guy has full and clear title to the vehicle. But, he has a truck he wants to move it, and I have the cash. If he insists on requiring that the funds be wired, he can count me out as a buyer. He allowed no negotiation as to the payment requirement.

I guess he will not even accept cash payment?

Your requirements are much different than those outlined in this auction. I can work with a seller so that he knows he will get certified and good money. He has to work with me so as to insure that I get full and clear title.

Otherwise, I'll walk, and he can market the car to someone else.

Robert M said:
Unless you go to the buyers bank and receive the funds there, you could be in trouble.
I agree. I am currently talking to a guy that has his account at the same bank as I do. He has the clear title in his hand. We can meet at our bank where he can verify that my funds are good and transferable. I can see him sign the unencumbered title to me.

I guess the same questions could be asked of a museum? Why would they pay for mint condition vehicles to just sit year in and year out?
A Museum usually has a tax advantaged non-profit status from the IRS.

They usually charge an entry fee to help cash flow considerations (or the museum is operated by a rich guy that doesn't mind losing a hundred grand a year).

If he has a museum, why sell the car truck now? If I bought a 1993 anything and stored it from day one, I'd plan on keeping it a long time. I just don't understand why someone would just decide to sell it before it's full value could be booked?

Of course, I don't understand why people pay big money for first-growth Bordeaux or pop art. Why buy a painting of soup cans when you can buy a real (the value is already determined) classic painting?

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
Bill,
I agree that one must be careful as it regards getting real funds from a buyer.

However, I refuse to wire money to a seller. If you wire funds (as he requested), how do you know you'll ever get a clear title?
What if he doesn't get you the proper paperwork?

When buying, I always make sure to get copies of the proper paperwork that proves that the seller owns the car. If the title is not in his/her own name and I am uncomfortable with the seller in any way, shape, or form, then I might buy a plane ticket to inspect the paperwork up close and personal or have a friend or acquaintance who might be local inspect the car and paperwork for me then, and only then would I go to the local branch of my bank (Wachovia/Chase for arguments sake) with the seller and have a bank check issued for the amount needed.

When selling, I always make sure to provide whatever documentation is required by the buyer, 99.99% of the time a copy of the title in my name is sufficient proof for payment to be sent.

Bill S.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
mrmustang said:
When buying, I always make sure to get copies of the proper paperwork that proves that the seller owns the car. If the title is not in his/her own name and I am uncomfortable with the seller in any way, shape, or form, then I might buy a plane ticket to inspect the paperwork up close and personal or have a friend or acquaintance who might be local inspect the car and paperwork for me then, and only then would I go to the local branch of my bank (Wachovia/Chase for arguments sake) with the seller and have a bank check issued for the amount needed.

When selling, I always make sure to provide whatever documentation is required by the buyer, 99.99% of the time a copy of the title in my name is sufficient proof for payment to be sent.

It seems we agree 100% (99.99% ;-) ). It doesn't seem you'll be wiring any money around the country, either.

I usually just load my trailer on the truck and go after the car after we've worked out everything by phone and email. I like to be the one that does the final inspection. I need the title and bill of sale before he gets the certified funds. I'll then load the car and head home.

It was a three day trip when I picked up my Cobra R. I even kept up with my purchase expenses (gas and two cheap hotel rooms). It was $293. :-D

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
I agree. I am currently talking to a guy that has his account at the same bank as I do. He has the clear title in his hand. We can meet at our bank where he can verify that my funds are good and transferable. I can see him sign the unencumbered title to me.

Thats exctly what i did when i bought my car, we met at the bank, transfered funds and he gave the the title.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Has anyone been watching the original issues of the SVT Cobra Recognition Guide recently? They have gone crazy!! One is on eBay right now with 2+ days left, it is over $75. The last two that were on eBay sold at over $100 ea.! One of the on-line book companies has a copy for $225!!! Crazy!!

R

Users who are viewing this thread