Cobra R springs

like2party

Established Member
Has anyone installed the Cobra R springs on their 99 or 01 Cobra? If so, how do they ride, and how much did they lower the car? I have the Eibach Pro Kit springs and Damper shocks/struts. Not to pleased with the ride, looking for something different.

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
Originally posted by like2party
Has anyone installed the Cobra R springs on their 99 or 01 Cobra? If so, how do they ride, and how much did they lower the car? I have the Eibach Pro Kit springs and Damper shocks/struts. Not to pleased with the ride, looking for something different.

Eibach Sportline Springs is what is stock on the Cobra R. When I had my 01GT I had the ProKit like you have. They were great for me, but I have heard others that had problems with the rear end sagging.

like2party

Established Member
that is my problem as well. do you think the stiffer spring will address this? my rear tires rub when the suspension compresses on the drivers side. will the 00R springs lower the car more?

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
that is my problem as well. do you think the stiffer spring will address this? my rear tires rub when the suspension compresses on the drivers side. will the 00R springs lower the car more?

Yes the springs will lower the car a little more but with a sacrifice of ride quality. But with my car, who gives a crap if it rides like a Cadilac. The Eibach springs in my car give it a 1.5" dip in front and 1.0" in the rear. Gives the car a real aggressive look. Also the 18" rims/tires really fill up the fenderwell gap quite well.

Jason

like2party

Established Member
I have 18" rims on the car, with 295/40's in the back. with the Eibach springs, the rear tires (mainly the drivers side) rub. that is why I am trying to determine if I need to go with stock springs, or will the 00R springs give me a little more space for wheel travel.

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
I have 18" rims on the car, with 295/40's in the back. with the Eibach springs, the rear tires (mainly the drivers side) rub. that is why I am trying to determine if I need to go with stock springs, or will the 00R springs give me a little more space for wheel travel.

Not sure about that. I have 275/40's on back now and am about to go with 285/35's. Shouldn't have any problem with the 295's I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread