Cobra R owners list part 3

Rare R

Established Member
http://www.noint.com/for-sale/2000-ford-cobra-r-aairakvanznkinrryni

the gentleman in this ad claims that the Bassani exhaust on the car is a limited edition only 50 were made for 2000 cobra r along with a chip. Was seeing if there is any knowledge on that here, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am thinking that the chip is an add on chip for the exhaust. That the original chip is still in the car, but not sure. once again any help is greatly appreciated.
Thks

Last edited:

flattrack53

Established Member
http://www.noint.com/for-sale/2000-ford-cobra-r-aairakvanznkinrryni

the gentleman in this ad claims that the Bassani exhaust on the car is a limited edition only 50 were made for 2000 cobra r along with a chip. Was seeing if there is any knowledge on that here, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am thinking that the chip is an add on chip for the exhaust. That the original chip is still in the car, but not sure. once again any help is greatly appreciated.
Thks

They made more than 50 of them but they did not make that many since only 300 cars were produced. I've called Bassani and the person on the phone told me it was over a 100 but I can't remember the exact number. The chips weren't limited edition... They are a thing of the past though. No one has software for them so they are pretty much useless if you do any other modification. You will need an SCT or Diablo Tuner depending on who you have tune the car. From what you wrote, it sounds like this is an older guy or a very uneducated guy who owns this car.

Rare R

Established Member
ty for your info
If anybody would have a part number for this Limited racing exhaust from Bassani for the 2000 cobra R would be great , I would like to verify that is what's on this car. As I Know it has been changed.
Thanks

svtguy

Established Member
From the Updated 2000 R FAQ and info document:

1. Bassani X-Pipe (part #2KCR-3) $440 *NOTE is this w/Cats
2. Bassani Cat-back (part #2KCR-420) $612

Paul.

Rare R

Established Member
looking for a set of oem wheels would prefer new but willing to consider a good used set with no nicks

If not any help on choosing 18x9 or 18x10 wheels as it seems 18x9.5 are tough to find
thks
rare r

R-CODE

Established Member
Nice site, proud to be a new member and owner of a 2000 R, #216 Michigan, 9,400 miles.

welcome, we'll have to get together with our michigan club "motorcity terminators"; i have a '93R. i tried to send you a private message but you don't have that option on your profile.

Gotti

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I'll be picking up #181 on 4/11 and driving her home...Will have the car for a while. Located in the north Georgia mountains.

TheBotsy

Hi There. Please add my 2000 Cobra R to the list. Nr. 38. Mark Higginbottom (Victoria, BC) Previous owner was Larry Ballard of Lisle, IL. Thank you.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread