Cobra "R" Bumper cover

silverserpant

Established Member
74214_10152275666745538_76636101_n.jpg

I prefer the clip on instead of the one piece

TDS-03

Established Member
This or similar splitter will create a good deal of downforce. I have a friend with one and removed it after he noticed it was starting to pull the rest of the cover off and cracking the support. The front bumper cover has surprisingly little holding it in place. That and every speed bump is your worst enemy. Just something to think about before you install one.

silverserpant

Established Member
I made this one out of the old steeda glue on covers, its actually the same height as the chin spoiler but you do need a support brace like the cobra r to stop it from tearing off the cover or fasteners from the downforce.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I made this one out of the old steeda glue on covers, its actually the same height as the chin spoiler but you do need a support brace like the cobra r to stop it from tearing off the cover or fasteners from the downforce.

How hard was it to trim down like that?

black 10th vert

Established Member
74214_10152275666745538_76636101_n.jpg

I prefer the clip on instead of the one piece

That looks awesome cut down. I have had the Steeda one for several years now but haven't used it because it is not painted to match yet (it's torch red, and of course my car is black). I might sell it because I'm not sure that I will ever get around to finishing it.:nonono:

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
Mine is fiberglass and fits well. I did add extra support around the inside of the lip and along the bottom since the clearance is only 4 1/2". Check on eBay.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
On my Cobra R there were additional aluminum brackets on the top mounts to help reinforce it.

Users who are viewing this thread