Cobra R at Mecum

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I just sent payment to the seller for an 1800 mile 00 Cobra R. Anyone know a good shipping company?

Just used InterCity lines to deliver my 2013 GT500 last month from Georgia and they were 100% perfect. The driver Mike was a pro and delivers many rides for Wayne Carini. He lives near Carini in CT. It was about $200 more than the lowest price quote and it was well worth the cost.

DSCN0994.JPG

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
Just used InterCity lines to deliver my 2013 GT500 last month from Georgia and they were 100% perfect. The driver Mike was a pro and delivers many rides for Wayne Carini. He lives near Carini in CT. It was about $200 more than the lowest price quote and it was well worth the cost.

View attachment 1658506

Love that red :) also congrats on your 500

R-CODE

Established Member

View attachment 1658506
That color really pops Steve. Congratulations

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
Evening gentlemen

I know I've been asking people for parts and questioning why you looking if you dont have an R, well the long search is over. I didn't want to get a head of myself but today it landed. I know i didn't land the mecum one but I couldn't let this one pass by me. With just over 2000 miles completely stock. A fellow member reached out to me and made my dream come true. I also want to thank everyone for helping all the emails, pms, pictures all the back and forth. A lot of names to list and I don't want to miss anyone so thank you all for the support and advice You guys tought me so much about the car, things I should look for and I can't thank you guys enough. Now I feel part of the family. Today my dream came true, only got to pull it in the garage. Hope tonight i can go for spin and upload some pics for you guys

Thank you everyone :)

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Evening gentlemen

I know I've been asking people for parts and questioning why you looking if you dont have an R, well the long search is over. I didn't want to get a head of myself but today it landed. I know i didn't land the mecum one but I couldn't let this one pass by me. With just over 2000 miles completely stock. A fellow member reached out to me and made my dream come true. I also want to thank everyone for helping all the emails, pms, pictures all the back and forth. A lot of names to list and I don't want to miss anyone so thank you all for the support and advice You guys tought me so much about the car, things I should look for and I can't thank you guys enough. Now I feel part of the family. Today my dream came true, only got to pull it in the garage. Hope tonight i can go for spin and upload some pics for you guys

Thank you everyone :)
Fantastic! Congratulations!

If the car is still riding on the original tires, I highly recommend replacing them with new tires. The original KD tires are long out of production and are irreplaceable. Swap to some new rubber and store the originals to preserve. That way you can spin/slide the car and have guilt-free fun! The R is a driver’s dream. It is very nimble/agile. It’s fun as hell to slide the rear around.

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
Yes still on the original tires and will definitely be taking them and storing them. I saw your other threads about the tires, so ill be looking into them this weekend. Let the fun begin :)

TFStang

Established Member
Congrats Mike! Glad you were finally able to land one. I know you put in a lot of time and effort into your search. Good thing about doing something like that in a place like this is you became an instant member of the community. Glad we have another enthusiast to share with. Please let us know what your first impression is once you start logging some miles.

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
My first impression..... this thing is a beast to drive wow. Ive driven a few mustangs, shelby gts, gt500 but this is just so raw. Now i know why everyone switches tires, you hear everything. I'll never get tired of looking at the rear view mirror seeing that wing and the hood is so underrated. Can't take my eyes off it :)

nmp1

Established Member
My first impression..... this thing is a beast to drive wow. Ive driven a few mustangs, shelby gts, gt500 but this is just so raw. Now i know why everyone switches tires, you hear everything. I'll never get tired of looking at the rear view mirror seeing that wing and the hood is so underrated. Can't take my eyes off it :)
it is a great car. some more things you will notice and advice.
- you hear a lot more noise in general with the lack of sound deadening
- the stiffer bushing all around means you can feel the road and the cars responds faster than other mustangs
- almost zero wheel hop
- the diff has a unique lash step up so you might feel its when you ease out the clutch
- power really comes on after 3500 rpm
- every rock on the road pings off the exhaust tips, they are gonna get marked up
- if the hand brake recall hasnt been done you really need to pull it hard to secure it from moving on an incline
- if you have to use the spare tire, never put it on the rear axle
- be super careful if you drive with the splitter, it sticks out far and its low
- dont be surprised if the fuel gauge isnt spot on
- dont top off the fuel tank
- the seats are amazing
- the air filter probably needs to be re-oiled
- check all the fluids, if they havent been touched they need to be changed
- dont drive on tire that are more then 7 years old
- most people, including "mustang people" have no idea what it is
- the suspension is great for street use without being too stiff
- the rear seat delete cover lower section is basically cardboard, dont sit or put weight on it
- be super careful when you jack it up
- you will probably have to deal with the fuel cell at some point
- no traction control/stability control so learn the car before you push it
- enjoy it!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Appreciate all the help Tim and congrats on your new 500 :)
Thank you sir! I finally got to drive it for the 1st time two days ago and got past the 100 mile break in yesterday! Congrats to you for landing one of my favorite Mustangs of all time!

nmp1 has good info above.

I swapped tires simply to enjoy the car (spin/slide) without ruining the original irreplaceable tires. You will still hear and feel everything due to the lack of sound deadening and stiff suspension.

Take his fuel topping to heart. I don’t drive my car often and keep very little gas in it. I’m still on the original fuel bladder with no signs of leaks yet. It’s my opinion that leaks develop when the tank is full, especially if it sits with a full tank.

Enjoy the new toy! It’s a nimble and precise machine.

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
it is a great car. some more things you will notice and advice.
- you hear a lot more noise in general with the lack of sound deadening
- the stiffer bushing all around means you can feel the road and the cars responds faster than other mustangs
- almost zero wheel hop
- the diff has a unique lash step up so you might feel its when you ease out the clutch
- power really comes on after 3500 rpm
- every rock on the road pings off the exhaust tips, they are gonna get marked up
- if the hand brake recall hasnt been done you really need to pull it hard to secure it from moving on an incline
- if you have to use the spare tire, never put it on the rear axle
- be super careful if you drive with the splitter, it sticks out far and its low
- dont be surprised if the fuel gauge isnt spot on
- dont top off the fuel tank
- the seats are amazing
- the air filter probably needs to be re-oiled
- check all the fluids, if they havent been touched they need to be changed
- dont drive on tire that are more then 7 years old
- most people, including "mustang people" have no idea what it is
- the suspension is great for street use without being too stiff
- the rear seat delete cover lower section is basically cardboard, dont sit or put weight on it
- be super careful when you jack it up
- you will probably have to deal with the fuel cell at some point
- no traction control/stability control so learn the car before you push it
- enjoy it!

Thank you and highly recommend anyone buying to check your videos out. I got a ll the documentation you posted :) buyers guide really helped. I will do my best to check off all those boxes. You were right tskes a while for the car to warm up, wont top of fuel just yet. Definitely changing fluids this week, not using rear seats to put anything on carpet. Splitter sticks out a lot just walking around in the garage. Super comfy seats. And will try and check off the rest. But appreciate the help and videos are amazing. I still watched them over the weekend:) congrats on your new R as well

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
Thank you sir! I finally got to drive it for the 1st time two days ago and got past the 100 mile break in yesterday! Congrats to you for landing one of my favorite Mustangs of all time!

nmp1 has good info above.

I swapped tires simply to enjoy the car (spin/slide) without ruining the original irreplaceable tires. You will still hear and feel everything due to the lack of sound deadening and stiff suspension.

Take his fuel topping to heart. I don’t drive my car often and keep very little gas in it. I’m still on the original fuel bladder with no signs of leaks yet. It’s my opinion that leaks develop when the tank is full, especially if it sits with a full tank.

Enjoy the new toy! It’s a nimble and precise machine.

Thanks Tim your videos are also great wont get tired of watching them, will most likely take off originals and store in the garage. I'm still sitting at a quarter tank I don't think I'll fill up as we head into the winter unfortunately. Only have a about a month left. Just want to get the fluids change and if I get a chance tires. May only have a chance to use one or two times depending on the weather up here.

Hope you enjoyed the 500, that car is a beast

Users who are viewing this thread