Established Member
Here's a picture to help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200707-152033_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200707-152033_Samsung Internet.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 127

nmp1

Established Member
Nothing to be concerned about. Mine had a little bit of surface rust on it as well. Whatever metal it was made out of was obviously more susceptible to rust than the other metals around it. That top piece is basically just a washer.

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
Thanks for the help, your video has really helped me out a lot as well. Ive asked everything you pointed out. That's the only thing that caught my eye in the engine bay. Other than that just waiting for Friday to get more pictures of extra paperwork besides the window sticker and black binder

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I’ve been watching it myself in the hopes one of our members here will get it.

You can see a bit of surface rust on the radiator support/mount on the passenger side and the engine bay isn’t the cleanest. There also appears to be something near the windshield wiper squirters on the drivers side cowl. The pedals also look quite dirty (the rubber and a little of the metal arm) as does the rectangular cubby behind the shifter.

I’m sure you’ve seen all of these yourself drooling over the car. I would expect a 480 mile car to be cleaner than this. Does it say where the car was from or how it was stored?

All of the above can be cleaned and resolved once you buy it. It’s a bummer that the owner couldn’t take 30min to clean it before trying to sell. On the other hand maybe it’s better off they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
I’ve been watching it myself in the hopes one of our members here will get it.

You can see a bit of surface rust on the radiator support/mount on the passenger side and the engine bay isn’t the cleanest. There also appears to be something near the windshield wiper squirted on the drivers side cowl. The pedals also look quite dirty (the rubber and a little of the metal arm) as does the rectangular cubby behind the shifter.

I’m sure you’ve seen all of these yourself drooling over the car. I would expect a 480 mile car to be cleaner than this. Does it say where the car was from or how it was stored?

All of the above can be cleaned and resolved once you buy it. It’s a bummer that the owner couldn’t take 30min to clean it before trying to sell. On the other hand maybe it’s better off they didn’t.

Yes I have noticed everything that you mentioned, that was one of my concerns, water damage or storage issues came to mind first. That's the only thing I'm hesitant about since I cant see the car. It does look very dusty the engine bay all the hoses and everything, pedals are dirty and where the radio usually is looks like webs and dust particles. I did purchase a car fax hes owned it for 13 years in Missouri

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Michael Ruscica

Established Member

I have to wait until Friday until Mecum gets the car for them to send me more pictures, hopefully he did clean it up and see the difference, because I still want to see the trunk and paper work as well. Very difficult to purchase something when you cant go see it in person :(

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I have to wait until Friday until Mecum gets the car for them to send me more pictures, hopefully he did clean it up and see the difference, because I still want to see the trunk and paper work as well. Very difficult to purchase something when you cant go see it in person :(

Where is the car in Missouri?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

oregon87

Established Member
I believe the most recent 00R sold for $60,500 on Ebay and it had 2800 miles. Somebody please correct me if they know better:

2000 Ford Mustang COBRA R | eBay

As such, I would expect the Mecum car to sell for much higher as the Ebay car appeared to be slightly modified and had higher mileage. No idea if stock parts were included.

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
I
I believe the most recent 00R sold for $60,500 on Ebay and it had 2800 miles. Somebody please correct me if they know better:

2000 Ford Mustang COBRA R | eBay

As such, I would expect the Mecum car to sell for much higher as the Ebay car appeared to be slightly modified and had higher mileage. No idea if stock parts were included.

I saw that one as well apparently she did sell it as I inquired in that one as well, wasnt completely stock but had black binder and a good chunk of paper work

Users who are viewing this thread