Cobra-R Article (R, Z06, ACR)

Andy M

Established Member
Tommy,

I have a copy of this article, and btw: The R comes in 3rd. :fm: But what the heck do they know?!!! I would still put the R up against those cars at the track - any day, any time!

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
"The Cobra R is all over the fun aspect of driving a high-strung performance car. It's got the best exhaust note and the most forgiving tires. Goose the throttle coming out of a corner and the Cobra R will slide the tail out in a progressive, predictable fashion. You can leave it out there for a few seconds, or a few minutes, depending on your mood at the time. This car was meant for the track in terms of suspension tuning, exhaust noise and clutch pressure; but these same items proved an annoyance on the street, rattling our fillings, ringing in our ears and cramping our left legs. Had it pulled the best lap times, perhaps it would have earned some slack. Of course, this might all be a moot point with only 300 built. The Cobra R is already an instant collectible with half of them now probably stored in hermetically sealed garages. Good luck even seeing one, let alone getting the chance to actually buy one."

Andy M

Established Member
Tommy, this is a different article than the Car and Driver one I just read, which had the same three cars and the R came out last... of course, they were grading on some of the creature comforts the R lacks - for good reason of course. All I can say is... I have suddenly become very popular on my block and anywhere I go now on the street - as this car commands TONS of respect wherever it is.

I certainly would not give up mine for either the Z06 or the ACR!

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M

I certainly would not give up mine for either the Z06 or the ACR!

I agree %infinity!!!:D

I like to say to those Z06 boys "how many Z06's will Chevy produce?" They just shrug their shoulders. I usually say "as many as they can sell." That says something for re-sale.

Users who are viewing this thread