cobra pricing?

nxhappy

Established Member
hey guys, quick question

what is a 03 vert cobra worth roughly (assuming clean title good condition) 90k miles?

I am looking at higher mileage cobras ....anything specific to look for other than oil/coolant/brakes/tires etc ??

PS if you got one for sale or gotta lead, let me know :)

HandBanana

Established Member
i just traded my 55k 10th anniversary vert in for 18.2k. That was after a little haggling with the dealer to add some money on my car. I'd say 17k or so for the mileage, depends on mods and condition.

Check the IRS for sure.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The used Cobra market is insane to me. No way I'm buying a 14 year old car with 90k miles for like 17 grand when it was only $32k new. Hell, the 11-14 GT depreciation is approaching the level of '03 Cobras now, some of them are the same price!

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
The bottom of the terminator market has come and now is gone. S197's have a ways to go, especially standard GT's.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Lol at people still complaining about cobra prices.... then comparing them to mass produced GTs which a million of them are made.

Sorry guys, a car that was only made 2 years, is highly sought after, and only had about 18k made in that 2 year span (with much less around now due to many being crashed and destroyed) is going to keep prices high, and soon rising.

Zemedici

Established Member
Lol at people still complaining about cobra prices.... then comparing them to mass produced GTs which a million of them are made.

Sorry guys, a car that was only made 2 years, is highly sought after, and only had about 18k made in that 2 year span (with much less around now due to many being crashed and destroyed) is going to keep prices high, and soon rising.

This. Not to mention even less NICE ones.....hence the higher prices for NICE cars.

Its hilarious to me that people complain about the prices of things they do not own......either shut up or buy one. :D

nxhappy

Established Member
The used Cobra market is insane to me. No way I'm buying a 14 year old car with 90k miles for like 17 grand when it was only $32k new. Hell, the 11-14 GT depreciation is approaching the level of '03 Cobras now, some of them are the same price!
it's the name and the nostalgia....of course the GTs are tanking, eventually they will be $5000 just like the others.....eventually the Termi's will be collectors. I've wanted a 03 cobra for 14 years, I think it's time I bought one!

nxhappy

Established Member

agreed

Blackoyote

Established Member
you find me a NICE Termi with under 100k miles for 13k and I will personally fly out to buy you hookers and coke while doing burnouts in said car ....

A nice condition vert with 90k miles is a $15k car, you don't agree? Shit, the $17k mark can get you into a mid mileage car. I'm not going to search the country, this is literally just my local CL. Shit, I only paid $18.5k for my one owner, 2.6KB coupe...
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5941205956.html

The $13k mark is low end for not as nice of condition, 90k mile cars...hell, follow the 03/04 Cobra for sale page on FB. There have been a few high mile cars on there in the past month for $11-12k (120k miles on them).

Blackoyote

Established Member
seems like NC would be a cheap market compared to CA
There are plenty of special people here as well lol...there was the same 03 ZY vert with 76k miles listed for almost 2 years because he wouldn't budge off the $17k price.

Just stay patient, there are plenty of good drivers out there for a reasonable price - hell, I remember even finding some in CA when I was searching 2 years ago. Going to be one hell of a stable once you add a Cobra!

HandBanana

Established Member
A nice condition vert with 90k miles is a $15k car, you don't agree? Shit, the $17k mark can get you into a mid mileage car. I'm not going to search the country, this is literally just my local CL. Shit, I only paid $18.5k for my one owner, 2.6KB coupe...
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5941205956.html

The $13k mark is low end for not as nice of condition, 90k mile cars...hell, follow the 03/04 Cobra for sale page on FB. There have been a few high mile cars on there in the past month for $11-12k (120k miles on them).

LOL, no. Your prices are horrendously off. We're not talking fire sale, salvage title ragged out Cobras. The price I threw out was for a well-maintained good condition Cobra with 90k. Go buy one of those awesome 11-12k Cobras and let us know how that works out for you.

Zemedici

Established Member
LOL, no. Your prices are horrendously off. We're not talking fire sale, salvage title ragged out Cobras. The price I threw out was for a well-maintained good condition Cobra with 90k. Go buy one of those awesome 11-12k Cobras and let us know how that works out for you.

This....

And Facebook is NOT the place to buy a car. lololol Idiots galore.

Blackoyote

Established Member
So you didn't notice where I said $13k is for a not great condition 90k mile car?
It's fine, everyone can say what they think is 'fair pricing', but at the end of the day, why would someone pay $17k for a less desirable vert with 90k miles on it, when they can get into a lower mile one or a coupe for that price?

All I'm going to say...hop on Autotrader and check the entire country. I just hopped on there and confirmed my findings from when I bought mine are still true.

nxhappy

Established Member
problem is finding a CA car. It has to be CA compliant (cats etc)

Users who are viewing this thread