cobra poeple that leave work 5:00 am?

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Iam fixing to be taking my car to work next week I hope after 2 years of down time.

What do you neighbors think? Can you sneak off fast and quitely.Or warm it up first before you leave?

Kooks.no cats.and.stingers. thanks my.neighbors suck! I leave around 4:30 5:15 am

How do you all do it? .A BIG THANKS!

mjs1012

Established Member
I don't have a cobra but I used to take my camaro to work at 445 with longtubes,ory, and a magnaflow catback. It wasn't too loud and my neighbors never said anything. Im sure your setup is a lot louder than mine so test it out and see what happens lol.

mustangjunkie

Mach 1 *****
Established Member
I have a Mach with a UPR O/R X and SLP LM1's. I leave around 4am, and haven't heard anything from anyone. I start it, open the garage, back out, close the garage, and essentially idle out of the neighborhood.

I think most people can deal with it if you're not 'that guy' that's jumping on it all the time. Just keep a good rapport with your neighbors and I wouldn't think you will have any issues.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Offroad x and maggies here. I pull out the garage and let it warm up for at least five minutes before slowly pulling out. We have speed bumps and unless I'm pissed, i normally don't hit it leaving the neighborhood.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
No cats and Magnaflows here, 420am no problem here :)

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I've had similar set-up's with different cars. I always put it in reverse before starting the car and release the clutch before the idle has a chance to drop while driving away at 5 mph in 2nd/3rd gear. I've lived in 4 different places with the various loud cars I've owned while leaving in the wee hours of the morning and never had any complaints.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
No cats and Magnaflows here, 420am no problem here :)
Just gotta make sure to make it back home by 4:20pm.

269s.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No headers, but I would often leave the house with my '03 Cobra at around 5-5:30. Never a problem. I just started it normally (no repeat blipping of the throttle to make my presence known, LOL) and pulled away and up the street. IMO it only becomes an issue usually if you start, repeated stab the throttle, and pull away aggressively. I think even with long tubes and Stingers you'll be fine. You'll find out soon enough. :)

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
When I was active in the volunteer fire department I would respond all hours of the morning in my Mach 1. One neighbor stated my exhaust was so loud the dishes in their breakfront would rattle when I roared by, I'd coast by their house after they informed me.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
My dads Torino with a cam and longtubes would vibrate the walls of the house and shake model cars off their shelves. At first he blamed it on me... Lol. So yeah it's definitely possible.

You can feel the exhaust pulse in your chest if you stand close enough.
With built big block running open headers, absolutely. Anyone that's been to the track knows that you can 'feel' a drag car just idling.

With a bolt-on Mach 1, it's highly unlikely. I had an offroad H with Flowmaster catback on my '03 Mach and while it was loud, it wasn't even remotely close to the point of shaking things in people's houses.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
As long as you are a cool, humble guy, most neighbors will not give a crap.

I'm lucky as my neighbors all like me, and I don't start my GT often at all, and only once every week or two during winter now.

When I do, it is loud. JBA Shorty's, Mac O/R Prochamber, and a Roush Extreme Cat-back (Straight pipes, no mufflers, not even glass-packs)

If I did it every day, I think they'd get tired of it quick, haha.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I get up at 4am and idgaf i crank up my 4 15s to help me wake up.

Sent with my over sized Johnson

RFMustangGT

Established Member
Neighborhood basically just says oh it's that guy again and laugh. Just don't go blasting off like you're John Force and you"ll be fine. +1 on the neighborhood liking you. Makes things a lot easier on their tolerance.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
lol, riiiight.

My 98GT vert which was stock other than some cheap chambered mufflers from O'Reillys and no pipes after the mufflers would vibrate the pictures on my in-laws house when I pulled up.

It just depends on the house, proximity from the street/garage, exhaust dynamics, etc.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I remote-start my truck every morning at 5:30, but it just sounds like a jet taking off instead the rumbly V8 of a mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread