Cobra Mirror Disassembly Questions - Glass Shakes

riored94cobra

Established Member
Reviving an old thread...I have a set of exports where the glass shakes as well. Does anyone know how to fix this specific problem? They will need disassembled and painted so I'd like to resolve the shaking at the same time as paint

x2, its funny the op just posted this guide :lol:

the glass on my drivers side export mirror started to shake after i got it dissasembled and painted, but I couldnt find info anywhere on how to take the glass out and im scared to death to break the glass on the mirror :(

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
yeah there is a pretty long thread on here by a guy who was selling the round discs you need to replace to get it to stop shaking. it's a fairly common problem. not sure if all the pics are still showing in that thread though - it would be a lot more helpful if they were.

i did mine and it fixed it, was a big improvement. a little nervewracking cuz of the glass though. but i bet it will be alot easier doing it off the car like you'll be!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Once you get them apart you'll see the pad that goes between the motor and the glass. Be careful removing the glass. I ended up breaking the ears on one of my motors and had to replace it. Thankfully I had a spare pair of mirrors.

I remember I tried getting a hold of the guy in the thread and he just seemed to have disappeared. Did anyone figure out the kind of foam he was using?

Kubin-B

Established Member
Talk about timing, i tried removing mine yesterday and got scared i would break the glass. It shakes and is annoying. If yall find the info it will be awesome. I will see what i can find in the mean time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Once you get them apart you'll see the pad that goes between the motor and the glass. Be careful removing the glass. I ended up breaking the ears on one of my motors and had to replace it. Thankfully I had a spare pair of mirrors.

I remember I tried getting a hold of the guy in the thread and he just seemed to have disappeared. Did anyone figure out the kind of foam he was using?

you know it's funny but when i bought the pads from that guy (he sent two in a package - for like $10 iirc), i had one leftover and it was sitting on the kitchen table. my girlfriend saw it and asked what that was for because it was the exact foam material that she used for some kind of hobby or sewing or something that they sell in hobby stores super cheap. when i told her what i paid she was like WHAT!?!?

not saying anything against the guy who sold them because they were already cut to the right shape, etc, but the actual foam material is supposedly very common.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
you know it's funny but when i bought the pads from that guy (he sent two in a package - for like $10 iirc), i had one leftover and it was sitting on the kitchen table. my girlfriend saw it and asked what that was for because it was the exact foam material that she used for some kind of hobby or sewing or something that they sell in hobby stores super cheap. when i told her what i paid she was like WHAT!?!?

not saying anything against the guy who sold them because they were already cut to the right shape, etc, but the actual foam material is supposedly very common.

I figured it was fairly inexpensive. But like you said he took the time to cut it out and ship it. And I think the $10 included shipping.

You should have your girlfriend start making them. Bet she could make some money just off this forum.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not a bad idea. (1) It's a common problem, and (2) there's no kit with a ready-made pad available.

Users who are viewing this thread