Cobra loan?????

boostin212's

Established Member
I haven't owned a mustang in a while and have had the itch to get another. I found a car I liked and wanted to get a loan. The car is a 1998 vert 33000 miles. I went to my bank to apply and told me they could not do a loan for something older than 2007. It seems everywhere else I've gone has basically said the same thing. Has anyone else had this problem? Did you end up finding someplace that would lend? I may have to just wait and save

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
the search tool is so-so here, but I know there was a similar thread about loans for older cars under a month ago in this subforum. Try looking for that thread. There are options out there.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
My credit union and bank doesn't care. I just went and talked to them about a excursion. They cut the term back to. 48 month maximum but other than that it's not bad. 5.1% if I remember right.

cj428mach

Established Member
If your credit is worth a damn the bank wont really care, if not find another bank.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Finding a bank to finance a 1998 Mustang won't be your biggest problem; finding a bank to finance what the owner is likely asking for it will be, however. Most SN/NE owners have hit their head when it comes to pricing.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Finding a bank to finance a 1998 Mustang won't be your biggest problem; finding a bank to finance what the owner is likely asking for it will be, however. Most SN/NE owners have hit their head when it comes to pricing.
Its a collector car and will be worth something in 40 years!

nxhappy

Established Member
IF you find someone to do it, rates will be sky high

how much is the car BTW ?

Equalbracket

Established Member
Who do you insure your vehicles with? I use State Farm and just switched to them for a new vehicle loan, they told me they would beat any offer I had, and they did. A lot of perks as well.

Gravik

Established Member
Friend of mine got a full price loan on a '98 Cobra, but he's through USAA

Kiohtee

Established Member
Why lol. That's about $140-150 per month payments.

Because it beat pulling $6K cash out all at one time. And what's $6,250 at 4.75% over 36 months? $468.32. Not a bad tradeoff IMO.

What about a home equity loan?

Not that my method of 100% financing is a good idea, but absolutely no to this idea. You don't need the car if you have to take out a loan against your house.

Users who are viewing this thread