Cobra Jet Intake manifold CAI Set up interest??

Yagermeister

Established Member
I wouldn't hold your breath. It's been moved back one month at a time since September :( Call Steve at Tasca and its around $275 last I checked

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
Estimated to be here March 2014!!
Now this Ford Racing thing... This is getting ridiculous. Current production model keeps collapsing. New model expected release date March 28th.

Called tech line this morning, Tech Line (800) FORD788 / 2. Gave them my two cents worth of CAI knowledge, that took me like 3 seconds but I asked why is the MAF going to be 102mm, make that thing about 110 and you will sell twice as many and look at the size of the ones that are custom. tech line person, I will pass that along to our engineers.

Power by the Hour

That is fine piece, no dought... and I bet its really worth 600 bucks, but just for assthetics of it...
I don't like how the CAI attaches to the TB. The transition just doesn't look right.

The person on the Ford Tech line suggested this one as well.

I will just keep using Drew's and take my Steeda and make me a heat shield.
Take it to a welder and have them add a driver side PCV bung to make the thing Colorado compliant.

Last edited:

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Take it to a welder and have them add a driver side PCV bung to make the thing Colorado compliant.

Colorado compliant? You have longtubes right?

If I remember correctly Colorado smogs and visually inspects right?
Will CJ cams pass a sniffer?

Or is it a slip the guy a $100 to pass sort of deal?

When I was in Texas they visually inspected my Camaro when it was N/A, longtubes with aftermarket cats... No go. I assume Colorado is stricter.

I ask because I want to move to a sniffer/ inspection state, and I want to throw in CJ cams.

12gt, I doubt bama can tune it they didn't even attempt to tune my setup because of the bigger injectors.

Last edited:

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
Colorado compliant? You have longtubes right?

If I remember correctly Colorado smogs and visually inspects right?
Will CJ cams pass a sniffer?

Or is it a slip the guy a $100 to pass sort of deal?

I ask because I want to move to a sniffer/ inspection state, and I want to throw in CJ cams.

Long tubes, yes... High flow cats yes, but, not when the car becomes off road in the summer.

I am talking PCV valve connections on the intake side... I really don't think a catch can passes colorado emissions on a 2011 or new automobile.

Colorado last time I had my truck in it got the one over, visually, sniffer and ODBII on their simulated drive dyno... And all it has is a tune.

CJ cams passing inspection? don't know have to wait and find out. first I don't have the cams yet or installed or tuned and second my first inspection is two years away.
I would think or at least I am hoping... A good seated tune, high flow cats and e85 I will pass.

New Cars Colorado, every four years, visually, sniffer and ODBII on their simulated drive dyno

Last edited:

12gt

Established Member
Yessir

That's a members car (took the pic from his build thread in the 2011 GT section).

I've done 2 of these setups now. The above GT and another Members 2012 Boss. GT is coming in on Friday for custom TiVCT changes on the Dyno.

The JLT unit is for a 2010 GT and has a 110MM Maf housing. A little big IMO, but it works out OK.

Where can I get the silicone adapter?
What size I have same setup

12gt

Established Member
photo_zps7a54a8b7.jpg

Do you sell the silicone adapter ?
I need one same setup

JoeJ

Established Member
I recently installed Stage 3 Comp Cams in my Boss302S. This is along with Cobra Jet Intake Manifold, Throttle Body, and CAI from Ford Racing. I also have long tube headers on the car. I had VMP tune the car last weekend at the Track Guys event at TWS. I am pleased with the results of 495 HP at the rear wheels. I did lose some low in torque.

Attachments

• VMP Dyno Boss302S 30 Mar 2014.jpg
    VMP Dyno Boss302S 30 Mar 2014.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 758
  • 1237040_505679739523364_1330237613_n.jpg
    1237040_505679739523364_1330237613_n.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 757

ford20

Established Member
I recently installed Stage 3 Comp Cams in my Boss302S. This is along with Cobra Jet Intake Manifold, Throttle Body, and CAI from Ford Racing. I also have long tube headers on the car. I had VMP tune the car last weekend at the Track Guys event at TWS. I am pleased with the results of 495 HP at the rear wheels. I did lose some low in torque.

That was with the 65mm throttle body correct?

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Yes. I am using the Dual Bore 65mm Cobra Jet Throttle Body. Part # M-9926-CJ65

Awesome, any videos!? Give us a review sir! Also are u running cats on the headers? Dyno before stock? What headers, size also. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread