Cobra Jet Intake manifold CAI Set up interest??

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
So from begining dyno charts i have seen 30/30 gains across the board from the CJ intake swap on the boss 302. People are just starting to get them in their hands and trying to get them onto their cars. Would anyone be interested on a full 4 inch tubing cold air intake set up for this swap? Thinking about making one but i dont want to waste my time if no one has any interest.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
Well, in short. People are putting cobra jet drag manifolds on in place of the Boss 302 manifold. They have shown some serious increase in power and torque across the board. The few that have their manifolds already are having trouble getting a cold air intake system for it.

My BOSS

Established Member
Well, in short. People are putting cobra jet drag manifolds on in place of the Boss 302 manifold. They have shown some serious increase in power and torque across the board. The few that have their manifolds already are having trouble getting a cold air intake system for it.
Thanks, you learn something new everyday.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I got tired of waiting for someone to make the CAI tube to fit the Cobra Jet Intake. The issue is, the Cobra Jet uses the GT500's throttle body. Because the GT500's TB is mounted in the rear of the supercharger, the CAI tube won't work. What is needed is a CAI tube that fits the dual 65mm TB or Mono-blade TB and the CAI tube, box and filter all rest in the Boss 302 intakes location.

(Only have a GT) I got tired of waiting for a mere 40hp for nearly $3000 and ordered a Kenne Belle 2.8.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
Its not difficult for me to make it. Its a pricey set up for sure. There are those guys though especially road racers that want that extra power (20-40/trq) without going to FI or camming the cars. Especially with what it shows for power and trq increase down low, it seems worth it. But, once you start getting into it manifold 800$, maf 700$, TB $550, then my intake which will be carbon fiber most likely, its a pricey swap for sure.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
My idea was to sell the whole thing as a bolt in it. Or everything minus manifold. You just specify if you want a 123 or 140 maf.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
Hmmm.... Intriguing.... I have the intake mani already and the tb... I have a 13 boss.... How would I verify ur skills before I allow u to begin.... I'm beyond a perfectionist... Text me and we'll chat... 401-486-6831

davefzr

Established Member
Did a little digging around the available PDF's and found that Ford will be releasing a CAI through Ford Racing to support the new intake manifold. Here are the details. Hope this isnt old information.

Mustang GT applications require BOSS® 302 INTAKE MANIFOLD INSTALL KIT M-9444-M50B, not included.
CR3Z-9G297-A Fuel Vapor Hose
CR3Z-9G290-B Fuel Vapor Fuse Bracket and fasteners
CR3Z-9J280-A Fuel Line
Air Inlet Tube assembly – throttle body to air box. (inlet tube is not used)
Other parts required for installation, not included:
M-9926-C65 Throttle body
M-9603-M50CJ Cold air intake (available 3rd quarter 2013)

Open the following link and scroll to step 57 (last page) to see the final product.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-9424-M50CJ_.pdf

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
So from begining dyno charts i have seen 30/30 gains across the board from the CJ intake swap on the boss 302. People are just starting to get them in their hands and trying to get them onto their cars. Would anyone be interested on a full 4 inch tubing cold air intake set up for this swap? Thinking about making one but i dont want to waste my time if no one has any interest.

Revisiting this old thread since the re-release of the CJ intake is near.

How is the intake for it coming along? When is it available?

Users who are viewing this thread