Cobra Jet intake available soon!

Teej281

Established Member
Hey all! At the PRI show in Florida, FRPP announced a new Aluminator XS longblock with the new CJ manifold and such thats rated at over 500hp. As well, the CJ manifold will be available within 2 weeks!

PRI 2012: FRPP’s Coyote Cobra Jet Intake Manifold, New Crate Engines | StangTV

Just thought you all would enjoy knowing this information was released. I don't know how many of you all would use this, or actually be able to utilize this manifold, but thought it would be good to share this information! Sorry if this was a repeat! Cheers! :beer:

Teej

D.T.R

Established Member
I thought somebody already started a thread about this recently.

Seems to be a nice manifold, but a lot more expensive than a boss302 and the gains over the boss manifold are uncertain so far...
With that being said, I'm going to stick to the boss 302 as I can re use my stock TB...

burke985

Established Member
Hmm might be worth a look if guys can tune for it and parts are made to accomodate it. 20 hp more than the boss and no torque loss. If it can be tuned for right this may be a good option for guys who want to stay naturally aspirated. Ill be looking forward to see what happens with this intake. I would put this in the same category as headers as far as bang for buck if it does what it says

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
+20 over the boss manifold with no loss in torque? Whats that like 30-40whp? That would be ridiculous. What do you think this is gonna cost?

alex12gt

Established Member
read several articles on it the manifold is going to be expensive to start off with and requires gt500 throttle body and will require a custom intake until someone makes one the gains are all up high in the rpm band like the boss its going to be 1 expensive set up

Teej281

Established Member
D.T.R., someone started a thread about the specs and what people thought of it, not release dates and such.

Chances are, you can use an early 4.6 3v intake because it puts the tb in a similar place as the twin blade 3v throttle body. Might be worth a shot if you know someone that has one for a 2010 4.6 3v laying around or something...

And if this manifold can make the same power gains as longtubes, and its easier to install, I think it would be worth while. But, you'll have to spin the motor to boss level or higher. With the standard coyote heads and cams you might not have to spin it to the moon, but you'll have to spin it up probably higher than a stock coyote shortblock would like for a prolonged period of time.

Also, forced induction might see some good gains with this manifold. Just sayin'.

Users who are viewing this thread