Cobra isn't for sale, but cash talks???

Intervention302

Established Member
So. When is this supposed to go down?
Supposedly he is going to the bank with his parents to borrow 13k cash. He said that will happen today or tomorrow... Transaction is tentatively scheduled for this Sunday

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Supposedly he is going to the bank with his parents to borrow 13k cash. He said that will happen today or tomorrow... Transaction is tentatively scheduled for this Sunday

Nice, well I wish you all the best.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
You all are so suspicious. Yes, that is a suspect offer, so take precautions that you normally wouldn't, but dont get carried away.
Go to a bank with cash or cashier check, let them determine if the funds are good and transfer them into your account, then sign a sales agreement with the buyer in "as is" condition, with consideration that he has seen the vehicle and accepts that it is neither fully assembled or in working order. Then transfer possession of the vehicle.
If he seen the car on Youtube or whatever and thinks it is amazing and is willing to pay you 38K cash... whatever. I have seen people do crazy things with money when they either have too much, or dont care enough to manage it properly.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Browsing Terminators with 10k-30k miles on Autotrader and there isn't much out there (less than 10). I know the OP's car has more than 30k miles, but it is still lower mileage and with all the goodies added in maybe the deal isn't THAT crazy. The Terminators I saw on Autotrader were going for $29k - $40k so a SB with all the goodies that is a well-documented car does have value...maybe not $38k in value, but whatever!

coposrv

Established Member
Browsing Terminators with 10k-30k miles on Autotrader and there isn't much out there (less than 10). I know the OP's car has more than 30k miles, but it is still lower mileage and with all the goodies added in maybe the deal isn't THAT crazy. The Terminators I saw on Autotrader were going for $29k - $40k so a SB with all the goodies that is a well-documented car does have value...maybe not $38k in value, but whatever!

Met up with a local guy to me the other day. He has a fleet now. 2 comp orange cobras and a mystichrome vert. They’re his retirement I think lol. Nice low mileage examples are getting pretty rare.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Suckers are born every day.
This is true. And if someone wants something bad enough they will pay whatever it takes to have it.

In saying that, I can actually see this sale happening. Must be a younger person if he needs his parents to go with to the bank, lol.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Intervention302

Established Member
This is true. And if someone wants something bad enough they will pay whatever it takes to have it.

In saying that, I can actually see this sale happening. Must be a younger person if he needs his parents to go with to the bank, lol.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app
He has 25k cash saved for a purchase and needs a personal loan for the remainder.

Buyer is 20. Which is funny, I was 20 when I bought this car 9.5 years ago

Intervention302

Established Member
The car is worth what it's worth to the buyer. He mentioned he has been watching my YouTube videos since 2013 and specifically wanted Mine.

The new CCWs I think sent him over the edge..

Again, I told him 38 thinking that was a *leave me alone it's not for sale* type of price. But, he just kept saying sure

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Originally it was today. Any updates?

Intervention302

Established Member
Originally it was today. Any updates?
I'll message him today later. He was messaging me at 1am asking about how many ratchet straps I think he would need to secure the K in the truck bed.

He changed to Today or Tomorrow for the bank

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
So he gonna spend 38k borrow 13k and probably have it sit till he can afford to put it back together. Good for you if it works out OP. Stupid on buyers part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The car is worth what it's worth to the buyer. He mentioned he has been watching my YouTube videos since 2013 and specifically wanted Mine. The new CCWs I think sent him over the edge..

Again, I told him 38 thinking that was a *leave me alone it's not for sale* type of price. But, he just kept saying sure.

Sometimes when someone wants a specific car, they'll pay a premium. Reminds me of when I had my 1994 Callaway Camaro. It was well known in Camaro circles all along the East coast. So out of the blue a retired engineer living in Florida contacted me by email saying that he wanted to buy my car. It was going to be for his son. I wasn't looking to sell it, but this guy really wanted my car. So I gave him a high number of $29K and he asked if I would take less. I told him, nope, the $29K number is not negotiable. He said "okay, we have a deal". 4 days later he showed up with his son, took a ride around the block with me driving, and loaded the car up on their transport for it's ride home. He handed me his payment and I gave him the title. Done deal. I made out on that one, but....he had to have my Camaro.

blk02edge

Established Member
The car is worth what it's worth to the buyer. He mentioned he has been watching my YouTube videos since 2013 and specifically wanted Mine.

The new CCWs I think sent him over the edge..

Again, I told him 38 thinking that was a *leave me alone it's not for sale* type of price. But, he just kept saying sure

I can see it, your car is somewhat famous and with all the right parts ticking the right boxes I wont be suprised if it is legit. Wont be suprised either way. Anyway good luck with sale

Intervention302

Established Member
I can see it, your car is somewhat famous and with all the right parts ticking the right boxes I wont be suprised if it is legit. Wont be suprised either way. Anyway good luck with sale
Yeah my Cobra is around 1 million views on my various videos added up I think last time I checked.

He mentions my YouTube and IG a lot

Users who are viewing this thread