Cobra isn't for sale, but cash talks???

Intervention302

Established Member
I'd change the first couple of words, "sir, your son contacted me about buying my car. My car wasn't for sale, no ads anywhere, and he reached out to me to buy." Then continue on.

I'd want to make sure that the father knows you're not an aggressive seller that won't back down, just a car enthusiast that was given a worthwhile "make me move" offer

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Not a terrible ideal honestly!

But who to say the owner works a shift there? 8 years ago my dad was always working on site, but now he doesn't for example.

Granted he is almost 69. I hold the store side down, he holds the office side down

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
+65,000 been replaced with +38,000

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

No, never. Knowing the origins of +65,000 separates the all-time team from the rookies. I guess knowing of Planter would also separate the two groups, but we will not bring him/her/it into this. I'm sorry that I just did! LOL

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not a terrible ideal honestly!

But who to say the owner works a shift there? 8 years ago my dad was always working on site, but now he doesn't for example.

Granted he is almost 69. I hold the store side down, he holds the office side down

It's worth a shot. If you don't want to, I will. Shoot me a pm with the info and I'll find out if they're liars or buyers.

Intervention302

Established Member
No, never. Knowing the origins of +65,000 separates the all-time team from the rookies. I guess knowing of Planter would also separate the two groups, but we will not bring him/her/it into this. I'm sorry that I just did! LOL
I will say I never thought this could have been a 250 post mess by the end of it lol

Intervention302

Established Member
It's worth a shot. If you don't want to, I will. Shoot me a pm with the info and I'll find out if they're liars or buyers.
Let's wait until Friday night and see what happens

His IG only has 5 pics. Only 200 friends in FB. I don't mean for that to come off the wrong way

So I wouldn't say he has a large social/media precense

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let's wait until Friday night and see what happens

His IG only has 5 pics. Only 200 friends in FB. I don't mean for that to come off the wrong way

So I wouldn't say he has a large social/media precense

I guess my time is more valuable than that. A 10 minute conversation with his 'dad' will tell you everything you need to know. It'll either confirm suspicions or it will put your mind at ease knowing it's the real deal. If you're unwilling to do that for yourself, in my opinion, you're either;

A. afraid of the truth
B. feeding in to this whole hoax
C. trolling

There might be a D, E, F, etc...but those would be the biggest three for me. Just call and find out for yourself.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
1A87E855-F303-4B18-99C3-1D604FA7655C.jpeg

Intervention302

Established Member
I guess my time is more valuable than that. A 10 minute conversation with his 'dad' will tell you everything you need to know. It'll either confirm suspicions or it will put your mind at ease knowing it's the real deal. If you're unwilling to do that for yourself, in my opinion, you're either;

A. afraid of the truth
B. feeding in to this whole hoax
C. trolling

There might be a D, E, F, etc...but those would be the biggest three for me. Just call and find out for yourself.
You bring up great points. I'm definitely not afraid to call

I should have been more specific as to why I can't call now, the hours are 430-830. They are only open for less than 30 hours a week

It's in the mountains in the middle of nowhere really.

Maggie Valley, NC

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You bring up great points. I'm definitely not afraid to call

I should have been more specific as to why I can't call now, the hours are 430-830. They are only open for less than 30 hours a week

It's in the mountains in the middle of nowhere really.

Maggie Valley, NC

So wait a few hours and call today. Don't wait until Friday.

This is all an elaborate hoax by the op to promote his vehicle.

I kid, or am i?

150 posts ago, I'd say no way. Now, I'd say there's a chance.

Intervention302

Established Member
This is all an elaborate hoax by the op to promote his vehicle.

I kid, or am i?
I can see why some may feel that way, it is what it is.
So wait a few hours and call today. Don't wait until Friday.

150 posts ago, I'd say no way. Now, I'd say there's a chance.
At that point I'm better to just ask the guy to give me his dad's cell.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can see why some may feel that way, it is what it is. At that point I'm better to just ask the guy to give me his dad's cell.

No? That makes you look like a crazy psycho. If you call the restaurant and start small talk and explain your concerns and how you wanted to make sure he was ok with everything... 1.) You're going to get the father's trust, 2.) you're going to know if it's real or not, 3.) it'll take 10 minutes and you'll have all of your answers.

If you ask the kid for his dad's number, you look like a jerk.

Intervention302

Established Member
No? That makes you look like a crazy psycho. If you call the restaurant and start small talk and explain your concerns and how you wanted to make sure he was ok with everything... 1.) You're going to get the father's trust, 2.) you're going to know if it's real or not, 3.) it'll take 10 minutes and you'll have all of your answers.

If you ask the kid for his dad's number, you look like a jerk.
All hinges on if his dad works there, on a slow Thursday night, before busy season, he might not be.

Reviews like this make me believe he doesn't work there every day like I do at my place

What I also want to make sure is if this info does go public (why I cropped out busiess name), that nobody here goes and leaves bad reviews or something stupid. I'd like that kept out
e85e22ef868acc301dbccdb3515cf6f9.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
All hinges on if his dad works there, on a slow Thursday night, before busy season, he might not be.

Reviews like this make me believe he doesn't work there every day like I do at my place

What I also want to make sure is if this info does go public (why I cropped out busiess name), that nobody here goes and leaves bad reviews or something stupid. I'd like that kept outView attachment 1597400

If he's not there, it would be pretty easy to say "he's trying to buy my car, and I need to get a hold of him. Call me at _________________, or can you give me the best number to reach him at?"

Users who are viewing this thread