Cobra is a daily driver (for now)

whitelightning9

Established Member
Well as of yesterday my cobra is now my daily driver and I'm not happy about it......Here in Ohio we had a bad thunder storm and my girlfriend was caught out in it, well to make a long story short she tried to drive her honda civic through a small lake (flooded road, can you sense the sarcasim) needless to say she sucked mass quantities of water into her motor untill it had enough and died. She now gets to drive my jeep untill her car is fixed and that moves the cobra to daily driver status. I normally would feel gratefull that I at least have another vehicle to drive, but I just put a supercharger on it and I still have a few things to tune so I guess I will be tortured into driving it daily and trying to be easy on it. Well anyway I just needed to vent a little as I have been trying to stay calm!!! I told my girlfriend who was pretty upset to stay calm and not get all worked up about it, after all the damage was already done!!! She finally calmed down, but on the inside I was furious!! keep in mind this is the same girl that wants to drive my cobra evertime we take it somewhere...riiiiiight! I see that happening in the near future........or maybe not. Thanks for letting me vent and for letting me get rid of my sarcasm....

BLACKVNM

Established Member
sorry to hear about your situation whitelightning, that sucks!!

since we're on the subject of daily drivers...do any of you guys that are in college drive your cobras as a daily driver?? If so, do you not get it dinged up some parking it in between cars and all that when you go to school?

Interspy24

Established Member
Yep, I'm a senior at Oklahoma State University and I daily drive my car. I've kinda got the parking thing figured out. I usually park at the end of a row and over the line, so only one side of the car is exposed. If I can't find a spot, I park pretty dang far away and just walk. Sometime I use the parking garage or park at a friend's house and walk or something.

Car is in pretty good shape, but someone backed into my pretty good a few months ago and the insurance didn't help much. Besides that, it's pretty good for a 8 year old daily driver.

Btw, your car looks killer with the y2k's on there.

Vik

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
I feel your pain. I drive mine daily for now and i recently installed a supercharger and am having the tuning issues just kick my a$$ right now. The car surges alot and basically dies at intersections unless i step on the gas....which is kinda hard to do when you only have 2 feet trying to manage brake, clutch and gas pedal all at the same time. To make matters worse, my motor mounts have given in and the motor is now creeping forward The motor is further pushed forward by the bucking the car makes when decelerating. The pulley by the supercharger is slightly touching the metal radiator bracket and it's starting to slowly eat away at the pulley as the motor lunges forward when i'm slowing down. Eventually it will get to the belt and then i'll be in deep poop. Now i have to put the car in neutral before the transmission decides to start winding down and the slack is felt through the tranny and motor. :bash:

Dyno tune = $300 which should alleviate all of my problems related to the supercharger install. :idea: :read:

whitelightning9

Established Member
I know what you mean raven 69david about the idle problem I had it when I first got done with the install, same deal it was a pain to drive!!! I quickly realized I installed the bypass valve backwards so that fixed the idle problem. Now I am having problems at high rpm's with a stutter. I should have replaced the plugs during the install but I didn't, so now I am going to go to a heat range colder plugs and close the gap as I'm almost positive that is where my problem is.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
That stutter may mean that the car is going lean up top. Check your fuel pressure and make sure it's at least 36#'s. I am running the AFPR at 40#'s backed-down from 42#'s to try and lean out a little to see if that would help the car out a little when i came to a stop sign....it didn't. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread