cobra for '08 gt/cs??

SVTjocson

Banned
i might sell my cobra in december for a newer mustang but an m5 this time.
i really like the california specials because of the looks, build numbers, and cuz my dad used to own a '68 gt/cs.

if i can come across one used with a twin-screw id seriously consider it. what do you guys think??? what do times s197's run with a cai, axle back and whipple/kb??? also do you have any pics with an s197 with gt500 front fascia??

JoePac

Established Member
i might sell my cobra in december for a newer mustang but an m5 this time.
i really like the california specials because of the looks, build numbers, and cuz my dad used to own a '68 gt/cs.

if i can come across one used with a twin-screw id seriously consider it. what do you guys think??? what do times s197's run with a cai, axle back and whipple/kb??? also do you have any pics with an s197 with gt500 front fascia??

NO!!! If you are talking about the mystic chrome for a gt cali edition you will be so dissapointed.

SVTjocson

Banned
NO!!! If you are talking about the mystic chrome for a gt cali edition you will be so dissapointed.

even if the gt/cs had a twinscrew??
cuz i know for a fact an all motor s197 wouldnt please me.. i recently test drove the bullitt and it felt like i was driving my sisters camry :dw:

HerNameIsPonie

LAMC ftw
Established Member
You'll be sastified with the comfort, feel and styling but performance wise and the oh wow a mystic cobra will dissapoint you. Good luck with your choice. Where in cali are you?

silverstang23

Established Member
GT with gt500 front facia. This is the trufiber venom hood.

IMG_2786-1.jpg

Cobra-O

Established Member
I went from a 03 Cobra to a 08 GT/CS, but I had to install the Whipple to make me like the car. Was way too slow prior to the Whipple. Perfect now, and I like the interior much more than the 03.

Fun project for DIY as well.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Don't do it unless your going to get the gt500. Ive owned an 03cobra and my wife has a blown 06gt vert. You'll be disapointed with the s/c'ed s-197, because of the hp limits of the stock motor. You will end up spending more to build the stock motor. imo KEEP THE 03!!!

Last edited:

SVTjocson

Banned
i heard the s197's can only hold up to 420-450hp until you have to build it.
stock terminators can hold up wayyy more than that. give me some pros and cons besides exterior/interior looks

MattP 343

Established Member
stock terminators can hold up wayyy more than that. give me some pros and cons besides exterior/interior looks
Many people are pushing 475-500+ at the wheels with the CORRECT TUNE and have been fine for a while...though no doubt about it, it is definitely pushing the limits of the stock motor

Machx2

Established Member
Went from a 06 gt to a 04 cobra. Dont do it! When I test drove a whippled 07 gt the other day I couldnt tell the difference from my cai'ed/exhaust 06 gt i had. It was nothing compared to a cobra.

silverstang23

Established Member

The GT posted is putting down 487 RWHP and has been for 3 years now. IMO it is well tuned. You can redline it all day without having to worry about messing up the engine/transmission. Everything is stock accept flowmaster 40's and the s/c

SVTjocson

Banned
The GT posted is putting down 487 RWHP and has been for 3 years now. IMO it is well tuned. You can redline it all day without having to worry about messing up the engine/transmission. Everything is stock accept flowmaster 40's and the s/c

what kind of sc do you have?? because 487hp to the wheels is a lot for just a sc and flows.

silverstang23

Established Member
what kind of sc do you have?? because 487hp to the wheels is a lot for just a sc and flows.

I have the Vortech, high output, V2-SQ supercharger. I didn't have to do anything additional to the motor to accommodate it, since it was conservatively dyno tuned at a safe boost level (8.11psi). It was tuned by Tim Matherly at MV Performance on his Mustang Dyno.

Here is a link to the Vortech kit.

http://vortechsuperchargers.com/prod...on.php?pvk=852

Users who are viewing this thread