Cobra engineering w/TVS 2.3

Blakshukvw

Established Member
Has anyone converted their termi to a modern mustang blower using the cobra engineering adapter plate? I’m interested in using a TVS 2.3 Roush blower on the plate and looking for any info about the details of fitting one on a termi. I know the m122 requires some modifications to fit to the plate.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Unless it's like $100 for the kit and the blower is $300 just buy the blower made for the car.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
That makes no sense. A new 2.3 TVS is $3400. I can get a used 2.3 Roush TVS for under $1k plus the plate and kit for $600.
Plus dealing with installing it. Look in the used market and you can probably find blowers made to fit our cars for $2000-$2500 without having to deal with the little things that pop up with making swaps like this. I don't think anyone on this board has used the kit. If they have they haven't posted about it in the last few years. I'd imagine there's a reason for that.

Your car, your money.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Plus dealing with installing it. Look in the used market and you can probably find blowers made to fit our cars for $2000-$2500 without having to deal with the little things that pop up with making swaps like this. I don't think anyone on this board has used the kit. If they have they haven't posted about it in the last few years. I'd imagine there's a reason for that.

Your car, your money.

This. The inlets and TB on the ROUSH are not the same as the VMP. Plus the inlet is on the right side correct? So now you're into relocating the battery to the trunk. How does this work with the throttle cable, etc? Honestly, think you'll end up with better results and A LOT less head aches just getting a used gen 2. With the 3 and now 3R out don't think prices would be unreasonable. Just my opinion.

Blakshukvw

Established Member
This is going in a marauder so fitting it will be no harder than anything that comes along with fitting a termi swap in a marauder. My battery is on the passenger side. Throttle is already on driver side.
Reason for my post was more to question about fitting the blower to the actual adapter plate.
I’ve been looking at blowers for a while now and it seems $3k is about the going rate. I figured I could spend half that with the roush TVS and adapter.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You probably should've mentioned the marauder part. But I still don't think anyone on here is running that. And I haven't seen one locally either. A few years ago I did see someone that swapped an M122 onto a Cobra using some kit. He made 500hp along with some headaches. A lot of work to end up in the same place a good port could get you.

I think there's a guy on here with a marauder. I think his name is something like fourdoorsvt. Might be worth hunting him down as I think he's done the swap.

Blakshukvw

Established Member
My question isn’t specific to a marauder hence why I posted here. I figured there were people on this forum that have done this.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
This is going in a marauder so fitting it will be no harder than anything that comes along with fitting a termi swap in a marauder. My battery is on the passenger side. Throttle is already on driver side.
Reason for my post was more to question about fitting the blower to the actual adapter plate.
I’ve been looking at blowers for a while now and it seems $3k is about the going rate. I figured I could spend half that with the roush TVS and adapter.

Then the only real issue is TB adapter in that kit is for a Dragon TB which don't exist anymore. So you'll have to find a mechanical TB that'll work with the Roush elbow and make something happen with the IAC.

Blakshukvw

Established Member
Ok. I was unaware those throttles weren’t made anymore. Was the dragon TB made for terminators? If so, I wonder if any other terminator throttle would work.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Ok. I was unaware those throttles weren’t made anymore. Was the dragon TB made for terminators? If so, I wonder if any other terminator throttle would work.

It was but to get the largest opening the channel that the IAC uses to bypass throttle is removed and the AIC is moved to the TB from the elbow. So you'll have to do a little research to see how the Roush system AIC works and if you can use his block offs and remote AIC options to make it happen. Might be able to find one used. I have one but it goes with a whole Posi Eaton setup im looking to get out of my garage soon. Problem is Dragon TB and elbow only work together and many are port matched to ported blowers. Hard to find a TB alone.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Gotcha. I’ll look into that.
How much you wanting for your posi Eaton?

Not sure yet id like close to a grand. Can't get that setup anymore and previous owner on here was running in the 10s at 130 stick without much else done. The TB/Plenum alone were like 500 when you could get them. Previous owner actually wanted to buy it back over them summer just never got around to cleaning it up and making it happen.

wckdvnm

Established Member

I’ve seen the OE TVS from the 13-14 on a 04 that’s owned by a guy in central/SoCal. I think the car makes just under 600 but I could be wrong I’d have to go back in look. You can find 2.3 whipples for 2k used if you are patient otherwise the 2.3 for the GT-500 I think has a lower limit than the gen 2 2.3 vmp... I just don’t believe this swap is done much as it is more work to do to these cars then say your Marauder.

Edit: so he has no posts on the power it made but it used the same adapter plate used for the M122. There was some cutting and drilling but it appears a similar mounting style.

musclemerc

Established Member
Then the only real issue is TB adapter in that kit is for a Dragon TB which don't exist anymore. So you'll have to find a mechanical TB that'll work with the Roush elbow and make something happen with the IAC.

They make a mechanical Cobra Jet TB and elbow that works 100% so Dragon is not the only option

Users who are viewing this thread