Cobra Bob's, FAQ gone?

derockgt

Established Member
Broken link https://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm

Havent been on here in awhile due to selling my cobra a few years back. Looking at getting another one and brushing back up my knowledge of them. Is this site gone now?? All I can see if shopping options for shifters. when searching the site "no results" pops up.. bummer

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ok, here's the scoop. Yes, I completely updated my website out of necessity. I am really sorry that I cannot any longer host it because my new website is not compatible with the FAQs format. I can see as a temporary measure that @robvas has found a home for the page, at least for now. That won't help folks using my website URL because they won't find it there and will expect it. Does anyone know if it is possible to do a re-direct from https://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm to https://web.archive.org/web/20120220175030/https://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm ?

There is another possible solution that Sid is investigating. I asked him a couple of weeks ago if SVTP would like to take over the Terminator FAQs going forward. A link used to be in the Terminator Archive forum but it looks like the Admins might have removed it because the URL is no longer good. I will shoot Sid a message tonight for an update to see if SVTP is going to be able to host it. Again, at least there is a link to the archive.org link.

Sorry about this guys. As you know, my website has hosted the FAQs for many years. Unfortunately, I had to re-do my website due to its age, and I couldn't afford a full-blown re-do, having to settle for a storefront style site that is awesome for my occasional shifter gasket sales, but doesn't allow for pages with graphics, photos, or PDFs. In essence, the existing HTML page isn't compatible with my new website.

I, or a Mod/Admin, will post an update here after I re-connect with Sid tonight. I really would be great if we can at least get the FAQs direct linked again from the SVTP Terminator Archive sub-forum.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I’ve been hit with cell issues for the same reasons.
Updates and old programs.

my iPhone was fine but to use Adobe I had to update iso.

doing the update. Took away full screen mode and step counter.

Get a new phone install sim than service goes out. Find now you really can’t switch cell phones
Now they have the power to tell us what type of phone they support and get stuck.

glad this site still works together to fix issues

I booked Mark this new link

hotcobra03

Established Member
Again, thanks to @robvas for posting the page on that Archive site. I'm going to try creating a Terminator FAQs blank page on my new website that will have an intro and link to the web.archive.com page. Not the best solution, but it will help those coming to my website looking for the FAQs.

@robvas, how long can the page be stored on the Archive site? If it is indefinite until the site shuts down, then I could ask Sid to have the SVTP link undated to that URL. I'll send you a private message.

I use this site for old movies Bob

I’m wondering on how he found it.
So much on that site using the search bar

1st time I stumbled on site I watched 9/11 live
Living a stones throw away at that time it was a creepy memory

they have some of the little rascals shows that were banned for tv

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is a cool site. But, I just realized that it isn't just the Terminator FAQs page that is visible. It has all of my OLD website pages and to avoid confusion between that content and my updated content, the link is going to have to be removed. I'm going to talk to @robvas hopefully today to see if there's a better way to do this because I DO want to let folks have access to the most recent FAQs page because I've made a lot of changes and updates to the FAQs over the years.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am in the process of working a solution. I am creating a one page website containing only the Terminator FAQs. It will be separate from my StangShifterGaskets.com website, and I will host it on a DreamHost shared server. I wasn't looking to spend money doing this but I know there are those who still use the Terminator FAQs so I'll just do it so we can move on. As soon as I have a live webpage I'll post the link here and then request that an Admin update the SVTP link to the FAQs. I will also post the link on my StangShifterGaskets website.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're welcome. I'm glad a permanent solution was found that works going forward. It was good of @robvas to step up and post that temporary archived page. Thanks!!! I didn't even know a site like that existed.

I like that my new URL (terminator-faqs.com) hopefully makes it easy to remember for those returning to the page in the future.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL! But thanks. I'm just happy to have been able to find a way to carry it forward at a reasonable cost.

Users who are viewing this thread