Cobra 5.0 stroker Shortblock Can make it a longblock

03cobratwin67s

Established Member
IMG_1969.JPG
20161210_185353.jpg
20161210_185408.jpg
20161210_185437.jpg
IMG_1964.JPG
Cobra 5.0 stroker Shortblock. The 5.0 stroker kit was done 2 years ago by Lidio at alternative auto. Stock Block was done .030 over has Eagle crank and Rods, Ross pistons. ARP head studs. Has under 5 k miles on it. Two weeks ago I broke a timing gear and dropped a couple valves. Two walls were scratched a couple weeks ago block was completely gone through tested no warping at all, 1 piston was damaged so its getting replaced. I have a different engine builder building the block now because Lidios tune caused this motor damage and refused to work with me on fixing it. I will have a detailed receipt of the first build and second build. Block is being touch honed, resurfaced, rods resized, clearance,rings gapped and assembled. All new pistons rings and Crank Bearings. I am looking to sell this as a short block or can sell as complete long block for extra price. This block is still being worked on at the machine shop and won’t be ready to be bought for another week.
This motor is capable of 1300 wheel.

Just trying to get it on the market and see what I can get for it because if it does not sell I am keeping it. Its yours for the asking price.

Engine builder is willing to warranty then motor for a month.

Any more questions text/call 586-383-8308.

Asking $4200 for shortblock

Asking $6450 for longblock stock brand new heads and cams timing assembly.

Local pick up 48315

If shipping buyer will cover shipping cost and Paypal fees.

Last edited:

SuperLX

Established Member
no way it was the tune...his work is top notch
it lasted approx 5k as u say
sorry thats not the tune
so new builder will warranty for 1 month
but u expect lidio to honor for 2 yrs??!!
GL good deal here.

03cobratwin67s

Established Member
His work has always been top notch. That's why me and my dad have been going to him for over 10 years. The motor was used for 1 year with a blower and cams. Made 800 horsepower and ran great. My air fuel ratio 500 to 1500 rpms was at 13.5 to 1 on e85. However, I changed my set up and went with a fast xfi, new injectors, twin turbos. He knew the car inside and out. He wrote me a base tune for the car with an air fuel ratio of 8.9 to 1 and he said just don't beat on it I was just going to make sure there were no coolant leaks or anything and then I was going to trailer it to have it dyno tuned. I'm just curious as to why my air fuel ratio would go from 13.5 to 1 to 8.9 to 1 just because I went turbo. And this is only a base tune, not for going over 1500 rpms. I had puddles of e85 coming out of my exhaust and my plugs were soaked in it. I brought the base tune back to him explaining to him what happened and that I believe it's too rich. He agreed and dropped on the VE table from 50 to 40 and told me that I can drop the number down even more if it's still too rich and I can bring it all the way down to 0 if needed, it won't hurt anything. The car seemed to run ok at 28 on the VE table. However, after the new set up I had less than 40 seconds of run time on that motor before it seized up. I've talked to many engineers, tuners, drag racers and they said 500 to 1500 rpm range 8.9 to 1 is way too rich and most likely vapor locked the motor causing it to self destruct. I drained my oil and there was about 2 gallons of e85 in my oil. Lidio was wary about writing me a base tune but he said just not to beat on it it was just a start up tune to make sure there were no problems before I trailed it there to the dyno. He never said That there is a possibility of blowing my motor just trying to start it and get it to idle for 30 seconds or so 500 to 1000 rpms. Also he was using a closed loop tuning with a gas wide band when I was running e85. Give me your honest opinion on what you think could have happened. Thank you.

03cobratwin67s

Established Member
Update one piston was custom ordered from diamond so is holding up the build. Should be receiving it any day. Then should take a couple days to finish after I get the piston. Also will add detailed pics of rods crank and pistons.

Randyzweifel

Update one piston was custom ordered from diamond so is holding up the build. Should be receiving it any day. Then should take a couple days to finish after I get the piston. Also will add detailed pics of rods crank and pistons.
Still for sale? If so text me 6059575467

Users who are viewing this thread