Cobb Tuning

PewterCam

Established Member
Yes. at this point Cobb is the most popular of the EB crowd. I've run the Off the shelf tune since I got the car in Dec and will soon be getting a good tune now that I have the bolt on's I planned on. Literally Off teh shelf the tune makes a total night and day difference in the car and will get a lot better if you get a custom tune.

davidhuff

Established Member
Yes. at this point Cobb is the most popular of the EB crowd. I've run the Off the shelf tune since I got the car in Dec and will soon be getting a good tune now that I have the bolt on's I planned on. Literally Off teh shelf the tune makes a total night and day difference in the car and will get a lot better if you get a custom tune.
Thanks for the information and look forward for a write-up after the custom tune.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
A lot of guys are running the Modern Automotive Performance (MAP) custom tune using the COBB Accessport. COBB's OTS map isn't bad but MAP's cars are awesome. I highly recommend getting your AP through MAP and getting their tune. The AP is awesome but Adam's tune makes it all come together.

http://www.maperformance.com

Anthony K

Established Member

I wouldn't say that by a long shot. Livernois has dominated the entire ecoboost platform since 09. Not just jumping on the mustang Eco bandwagon.

Livernois still has the fastest tune car out there. 11.71 with tires, ms109, removed passenger seat and unhooked cat back. And that car hasn't made a pass in 6 months. No one with similar modifications has come anywhere close.

Marty Staggs

Twin Boost
Established Member
A lot of guys are running the Modern Automotive Performance (MAP) custom tune using the COBB Accessport. COBB's OTS map isn't bad but MAP's cars are awesome. I highly recommend getting your AP through MAP and getting their tune. The AP is awesome but Adam's tune makes it all come together.

http://www.maperformance.com

Agree 100% and I have done the same.
Couldn't be happier.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
I wouldn't say that by a long shot. Livernois has dominated the entire ecoboost platform since 09. Not just jumping on the mustang Eco bandwagon.

Livernois still has the fastest tune car out there. 11.71 with tires, ms109, removed passenger seat and unhooked cat back. And that car hasn't made a pass in 6 months. No one with similar modifications has come anywhere close.

Yep, not even people with a Livernois tune on their car. I think the EB community as accepted that car is a fluke and not the standard.

COBB has also been working on EB platforms for years, you just never looked at them because they weren't Mustangs.

PewterCam

Established Member

You are right... they have not run their car in 6 months. In fact they have don't nothing at all with EB's in the last 6 months. No innovation. No teasers of new products. Nothing.. except for their Re-badged Airraid CAI.

They may have dominated the Ecoboost Truck scene and were first out of the gate with their tune on teh EBM but they are miles behind shops like FFtec and MAPerformance.

Users who are viewing this thread