Coast to Coast Radio Art Bell dead

VegasMichael

Established Member
My grandmother used to listen to him which is how I got into his show. I never believed most of what was discussed or broadcasted but it was interesting to listen to. I remember one episode when he was talking to a guy in a private plane who was flying straight into Area 51 to see what would happen. Something about lights behind him or beneath him getting closer and then nothing but dead air. Supposedly he was shot down.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
The years I worked 1500 to 0300 I would listen to him. The topics were intetesting and yes his fan base was "interesting" as well. He died on Friday the 13th which I though was eerily fitting.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I never believed most of what was discussed or broadcasted but it was interesting to listen to
I didn't believe most of it either, but the way it was presented on the show made is plausible somehow. I attribute that to Art Bell's ability as a host.

I remember one episode when he was talking to a guy in a private plane who was flying straight into Area 51 to see what would happen. Something about lights behind him or beneath him getting closer and then nothing but dead air. Supposedly he was shot down.
I remember hearing that story but I have no idea what happened. I didn't get the impression Art Bell would do a hoax like that, but it was definitely fitting for the show.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
No way that blows! I listen to his podcasts all the time. Have been listening to him for like 20 years now. RIP

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Damn I haven’t listened in years. But did when I was unemployed up late at night during the financial crisis. It was a very interesting show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96 cobra

Established Member
An absolute legend, RIP. No radio nerd's experience is complete without listening to Bell's Coast to Coast in the overnight hours, half-awake and with a hint of AM radio reception fade/crackle in the background...

He always had an open mind & was an absolute genius with regard to letting the audience know where he stood on a topic, both overall views as well as w/ regard to the 'bs meter'.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Guy was definitely entertaining, and yes, so were his callers.

I still listen to Coast to Coast at night with George Noory.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I used to listen to his Dark Matter show on Sirius during my 2 hour commutes home. Always an interesting guy to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread