Clutch/Tranny Problems!

CobraKalas

Established Member
OOK, drove the car this morning only out of the garage to middle of the driveway for a wash then back in the garage to dry, early this morning. didnt drive it until about 7:30 pm to move out of middle of garage to one of the sides. nevertheless when running it wont go into ANY gear with clutch in. and when not running it goes through gears easily. when starting car in gear with clutch depressed, car moves as though clutch isnt pushed in.

ANY HELP!?!?

Misfitflesh

Established Member
CobraKalas said:
OOK, drove the car this morning only out of the garage to middle of the driveway for a wash then back in the garage to dry, early this morning. didnt drive it until about 7:30 pm to move out of middle of garage to one of the sides. nevertheless when running it wont go into ANY gear with clutch in. and when not running it goes through gears easily. when starting car in gear with clutch depressed, car moves as though clutch isnt pushed in.

ANY HELP!?!?

I dont really get the last part about the car moving as thought the clutch isnt pushed in? Like when you go to start it, its jumping forward?

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
i had this problem when i blew my clucth up.

basically my 3rd gear sync is fudged. so when racing a friend tried gettin in and couldent. and lost all gears and my clutch pedal just dropped to the floor. my friend said black some came from under my car. so i glided to a side street and couldent get in ANY gear when on. when off i coudl shift. mine friend thought i was crazy and tried and had the same problem.

so i had it towed to the dealership (literally like 1/4th a mile). and said my clutch was gone and flywheel may need resurfacing blah blah. now i mentiond problems about 3rd gear. so he was leik i will have my guy take it for a test drive. I WAS LIKE WHAT so as im standing there i see this guy drive my car out and see about the 3rd gear. but me nor my friend could not get in any gear let alone drive the damn thing. i foud that to be fishy. but thats why they are techs.

CobraKalas

Established Member
Misfitflesh said:
I dont really get the last part about the car moving as thought the clutch isnt pushed in? Like when you go to start it, its jumping forward?
yes, exactly

and what's really pissing me off is the fact that it was fine in the morning, didnt even drive it anywhere, its not like i raced up my driveway! and something went out or anything, this is aggravating.

Last edited:

Misfitflesh

Established Member
Whats it feel like when you push the clutch pedal in? Basically your clutch disc is staying engaged no matter what your doin with the pedal, so theres a problem with the cable, or something in the bellhousing which means the trans has to come out.

Misfitflesh

Established Member
2001SVTsnake said:
i had this problem when i blew my clucth up.

basically my 3rd gear sync is fudged. so when racing a friend tried gettin in and couldent. and lost all gears and my clutch pedal just dropped to the floor. my friend said black some came from under my car. so i glided to a side street and couldent get in ANY gear when on. when off i coudl shift. mine friend thought i was crazy and tried and had the same problem.

so i had it towed to the dealership (literally like 1/4th a mile). and said my clutch was gone and flywheel may need resurfacing blah blah. now i mentiond problems about 3rd gear. so he was leik i will have my guy take it for a test drive. I WAS LIKE WHAT so as im standing there i see this guy drive my car out and see about the 3rd gear. but me nor my friend could not get in any gear let alone drive the damn thing. i foud that to be fishy. but thats why they are techs.

Actually that problem probably wasnt your clutch, if your pedal went to the floor and stayed there im pretty sure it had to do with your clutch cable.

CobraKalas

Established Member
well when i push the clutch in, it feels as though its still there and is still a heavy clutch. hopefully its just a cable and not anything serious

Users who are viewing this thread