clutch time,advise needed

captchas

Established Member
old time racer and mechanic here, but one who has become frustrated with picking out a new clutch for a daily driver 3.7 v6
I do not want to go factory and deal with the NVH issues of another dual mass flywheel,
looking around my choices have come down to a spec kit that uses a light weight alloy wheel and a v8 disc plate or a ram hdx set up. I have never in 50 years of racing street driven or raced a car with a alloy wheel like spec supplies, I've always used a heavy steel wheel. which in my mind is more street able, "yes I know things have changed a lot" a talk with spec told me their flywheel is custom to match the height of the problem some DM. ram would only say " this should work" and not much more. while the AM web site shows the kit supplying a TO slave spacer . a most use flywheel .

i'm retired and just having the job done will take a month out of my ira and ss checks so I can't make a error and have to redo the job, so has anyone done a v6 clutch conversion with either kit and how well do you feel it works?
any rock solid advise.

Users who are viewing this thread