Clutch replaced: much better!!

Redwing

Established Member
On delivery of my car, the dealer told me it needed a new clutch as the original was chattering.
I didn't like it at all. The takeup was too close to the floor, making shifting hard, and it chattered badly on almost aany start up. In short, terrible.
I got the new clutch in yesterday and the car is like night and day.
It's lighter, takes up just right, smooth as silk, and the shifting problems are no existant. It now SNICKS into gear, including reverse!!. Wonderful.

I also complained about most of the stuff on the forum: squeaky windows, paint flaws, leaky top, passenger seat rubbing on door, ETC. The dealer (Markville Ford in Unionville (A suburb of Toronto)) did everything in one shot! They even washed and vaccumed the car. They are even getting a rep in to look at the driveshaft. as I seem to have a vibration over 80MPH (although I'm not sure if it is imaginary or not)

By the way, my gas milage has gone up by 50%. I'm now averaging about 19MPG on imperial gallons. On one highway trip I got 26.

Gotta love this car. nearly 400 horsepower, good milage, looks great, stomps all over Chevies, what more could one ask?
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread