Clutch Question

Stevo151

Established Member
I'm sure its a noob question but im in need of a new clutch and i just wanted some input on different clutches and what not. so what do you guys prefer? whats cheap but reliable? i was thinking of maybe an exedy clutch or what else? thanks in advance :beer:

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Dont cheap out on a clutch cause if ya do then your just gonna pay for it later... SPEC makes a good clutch for the money though

Stevo151

Established Member
Dont cheap out on a clutch cause if ya do then your just gonna pay for it later... SPEC makes a good clutch for the money though

So with getting the Spec stage 1 clutch I also need to get the Spec flywheel right? Which is almost $500 for the two

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Thats correct but also take into consideration if you are thinking of adding any type of forced induction in the future you should get a strong clutch for the future... i am not sure what you have planned for the car but if youre going to just stick with bolt ons and not going with a blower or nitrous then a stage 1 clutch is perfect... 500 is pretty cheap for a clutch replacement and flywheel, mine was around 900 bucks

Stevo151

Established Member
Damn spendy lol. Aight yeah I plan on down the road to or maybe just bolt ons and get Cobra later on idk yet. I just need something that'll do right now

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
No problem man but i must say i kinda wish i never got so deep into my car and saved up for a cobra with the amount i spent i could have had one by now... i will own a terminator before i die haha

Users who are viewing this thread