clutch quadrant

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Sorry if this is a repost. I did a search and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. Right now I have stock everything. I installed a spring to pull back on the shift fork so that the t.o.b. isn't riding on the fingers. It works well.

The issue I am having is that I set up the stick quadrant to leave about a half inch of slack in the cable (this way it can be pulled away from fingers by spring). Well it seems my quadrant's teeth are worn and it is slipping causing my cable to have more slack and I cannot disengage the clutch.

My question is this: if I get the upr triple hook quadrant, do I need a firewall adjuster, or just the quadrant. I assume that the three hooks on the quadrant determine how much slack is in the cable (how far you must push pedal in b4 it tightens the cable). If this is the case can I just get the quadrant and pick whichever hook gives me around a half inch of play? Or do I need the firewall adjuster. I thought he firewall adjuster changes where the pedal engages, so with the three hook design it isn’t needed?

Any help is appreciated. I need to figure this out soon so I can fix my clutch. Thanks.

Last edited:

green99_svt

Established Member
you will deffinetly need a firewall adj or an adj cable i suggest the firewall unit and a stock cable. the cable needs to be fine adjusted by hand to work well. even if the cable is perfect on initial install of the quadrant it will not stay there as the clutch wears it will need to be adjusted little by little.

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
how hard is the install? i dont want to start this, and not be able to do everything myself..

Users who are viewing this thread