clutch pedal vibration with rxt

prttyboyfloyd

Established Member
Hey all, just broke in the RXT and it feels awesome. BUT 1 questionm the pedal has a rattle to it. As soon as i touch it with my foot it stops. I already shimmed the quadrant so i know its not that rattleing. Is this normal? Clutch seems like its fully engaging/ not slipping, so i dont think I have any issues there.

RJCobra

Established Member
Hey all, just broke in the RXT and it feels awesome. BUT 1 questionm the pedal has a rattle to it. As soon as i touch it with my foot it stops. I already shimmed the quadrant so i know its not that rattleing. Is this normal? Clutch seems like its fully engaging/ not slipping, so i dont think I have any issues there.

Does the quadrant shaft have enough washers on it so that the quadrant doesnt slide side to side on the shaft?

memach1

Established Member
its rattling because the stock plastic quadrant always kept a light tension on the pedal. i put on the ldc clutch freeplay kit. basically its a a shim and spring that pushes back against the clutch fork and keeps tension on the pedal.

prttyboyfloyd

Established Member
Yeah i did shim the quadrant. Ok ill have to look into that mod. I was just worried something wasnt right if it was vibrating like that. I figured since it stopped when pressing the pedal down and I had no slippage the pedal just being loose coulda been a possibility.

RJCobra

Established Member
Yeah i did shim the quadrant. Ok ill have to look into that mod. I was just worried something wasnt right if it was vibrating like that. I figured since it stopped when pressing the pedal down and I had no slippage the pedal just being loose coulda been a possibility.

Ever find out what was causing this?

97ReoCobra

Established Member
I also have a rattling clutch pedal. I have the stock quadrant and cable. After looking it seems maybe it's just the plastic bushings on the clutch pedal shaft have worn out. I have read all the posts about adding a spring between the clutch fork and cable. But I think this may just be masking the real problem of worn clutch pedal shaft bushings.

Has anyone with a rattling clutch pedal tried just replacing the plastic shaft bushings??

Users who are viewing this thread