Clutch pedal vibrating

Jevans74

Established Member
Why does the clutch pedal always vibrate or have a shake to it? If I put the weight of my foot on the pedal it stops. It tends to be really bad in first gear in stop and go traffic. I've heard this is normal I just want to know the mechanics behind why it does it.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I had this problem, or a similar one. I would feel a bad vibration when pushing the clutch in and out during gear changes. I think it was a glazed clutch. After about 1500 miles it went away.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Yup, I have it, too, although not really bad, just enough to be noticeable. The car does seem to be smoothing out as it breaks in, though.

rotorhed

Established Member
I noticed the vibration started after about 500 miles. As you put your foot on the clutch to shift, you can feel the vibration on the pedal. Our 01 GT had it too, it was traded in with about 12K miles. Must be another one of those "they all do that" symptoms.

1IDSPTTR

Established Member
In the experience of the people with this problem, is the vibration most noticable while depressing or releasing the clutch at high revs???
Allan

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
In mine, I noticed it most after pushing the car hard. I don't recall there being any dependence on RPM, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread