Clutch Pack for Rear End.

Tim Comer

Established Member
Clutch pack in my Trac Loc isn't holding up to burn outs at the strip. I have one tire stopping and starting during the burnout. This is causing the car to skew hard to one side and I have to let off. So I can't heat the tires up as much as I need to.

Now then, are the Ford carbon fiber discs a good replacement? Or are there better clutch packs available. Oh, the car is mainly driven on the street. Just like to make a few passes once in a while. Thanks for any replies.

5lho

Established Member
Carbons are fine. Look up on the web about restacking the pack for more grab. I have done that with several t-loks and it really works. You can leave the S sspring out, it's really just there for super low traction conditions like ice.

Tim Comer

Established Member
Would adding the Ford clutch packs be about the same in performance as the Eaton or the Auburn Gear Pro? I have a buddy that's never worked on an 8.8, but loves the 9" rear. He's not a big fan of the Trac Locs at all.

HONDASAKI

Established Member
I have a brand new set of Ford carbon clutch pack kit. In the box. Bought it and never installed. PM me. I'll make you a good deal.

Riptide

Established Member
Have you done anything to the fluid? I caused a one tire fire with my last mustang by adding extra friction modifier to valvoline synthetic that already had additives. Once I swapped the fluid out that problem went away.

vortecd

Established Member
The stock clutches will go 8's. I have gone low 9's in a fox. Buy a new clutch pack and use the thickest shim you can get in. I also run Redline fluid, 2 bottles with no friction modifier (the bottles end in NS, 75-90ns) and top it off with a bottle with it. Never heard in chatter. You could even try all NS and if you get chatter then add a small amount of modifier

Also when doing your burnout, make sure you shook it so both start spinning. If you start slow you have a chance of only one tire spinning if the other isn't wet enough

Slowb00st

Established Member
The stock clutches will go 8's. I have gone low 9's in a fox. Buy a new clutch pack and use the thickest shim you can get in. I also run Redline fluid, 2 bottles with no friction modifier (the bottles end in NS, 75-90ns) and top it off with a bottle with it. Never heard in chatter. You could even try all NS and if you get chatter then add a small amount of modifier

Also when doing your burnout, make sure you shook it so both start spinning. If you start slow you have a chance of only one tire spinning if the other isn't wet enough

I used redline shockproof that does not contain friction modifier and tried using half of the FM bottle and it made some funny sounds when turning on cold fluid mind you thats 80F+ weather. Added more FM and noise gone.

Tim Comer

Established Member
They say when I launch, both tires seem to pull. I just can't seem to heat the tires up enough for the launch. The car wiggles a lot on launch due to the tires spinning. And this is on the M/T Radial Pros.

Users who are viewing this thread