Clutch or Throw out bearing ?

Nervouswreck

Established Member
One thing after another. Ok , after taking off my clutch cable from the clutch fork and reinstalling it with everything being the same , now i have a ticking noise when clutch is disengaged ( up ) , and it go’s away when clutch engaged ( clutch pushed in ) ???? Obviously something happened when i had the cable off but i have no clue what . Everything is the same , and did the adjustment thing where you pull up on the clutch pedal . Ticking loud sitting in neutral, then push clutch in and it go’s away ??? Any thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Basically you want to get rid of the auto adjuster and get an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster.

You can live with the factory stuff if it is working though.

You just need to make sure that the tob is riding on the clutch fingers just enough to spin the tob.

Try just very lightly pushing the clutch pedal (not enough to disengage) and see if the ticking goes away.

Or if the car is on stands, look in there with it running and see if the tob is spinning.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Nervouswreck

Established Member
Basically you want to get rid of the auto adjuster and get an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster.

You can live with the factory stuff if it is working though.

You just need to make sure that the tob is riding on the clutch fingers just enough to spin the tob.

Try just very lightly pushing the clutch pedal (not enough to disengage) and see if the ticking goes away.

Or if the car is on stands, look in there with it running and see if the tob is spinning.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Ok will do , I’ll try that thanks buddy

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread