Clutch issues with my T56 swapped Lightning

relykz

SVT Lightning *****
Established Member
Well, I figured this would be the best area for this thread to get answers from people with similar parts. I just finished a Tremec T56 swap from a 2006 SRT10 Ram to my 2001 SVT Lightning. I used this transmission because the teeth are cut at a different angle for dealing with the heavier vehicle weight and because it was hydraulic thrown out bearing vs fork/quadrant cable driven. I used a Cobra bellhousing to mate to the engine block, and had a custom 26-spline input shaft made by Liberty Gears. Picked up a SPEC 3+ clutch and Fidanza billet aluminum flywheel, Ford Racing pilot bearing, and all ARP bolts.

Followed all torque specs and instructions to the T, then bled the hydraulic master cylinder for the thrown out bearing. Just got my custom driveshaft installed last night and took it out for the first test drive. The clutch doesn't seem to catch right away... Seems very late, by the Tim my floor is completely out of the pedal the clutch is just then starting to grab, but seems to slip badly if I try to give it a little gas. I am unable to get into any boost as it slips so badly.

I only drove it around the block a few times but could tell something was wrong so parked it back at the house. Anyone have any idea's as to what the problem could be? I am lost on this one, my head hurts and I am just ready to have the truck back on the road. Any help, ideas, or thermos would be very much appreciated.

I was supposed to take the truck to the Gulf Coast Lightning GTG this weekend but it doesn't look like it will be ready in time.

relykz

SVT Lightning *****
Established Member
Had to remove a spacer plate from between the TOB and the faceplate of the transmission... Everything is perfect now. svt-BansheeMan and 1qwktrk on LightningRodder helped me figure out the issue. Already put 1000 miles on it, running great now.

Users who are viewing this thread