Clutch issue

Habu7108

Established Member
I have an 08 gt500. It has an aftermarket spec clutch in it. I've been getting some clutch chatter. Ford suggested a slave cylinder. Parts were ordered. They can't get the transmission out, saying that the disc is seized up on the input shaft. Does anyone have some pointers? I'm wanting to replace the clutch with a McLeod in the near future. I appreciate any words of advice or experience.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You might have better luck posting in the GT500 forum. But I would think if the clutch was fused to the input shaft you wouldn't be able to drive it.

Habu7108

Established Member
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. I figured driveline was ok. Car is driveable. Ford tech couldn't remove transmission for some reason.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
It's the driveline section for the 03/04 Cobras. So you were close.

Was he trying to pull it out as one piece or did he unbolt the trans from the bellhousing? I'm assuming the stock 6060 has a removable bellhousing.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Some headers don't allow the trans to be pulled without removing at least one of them. I'm not sure if that's an issue with GT500's.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My suggestion would be to take your car somewhere else. If they can't figure it out I wouldn't want them to touch my car at all.

I don't want to be a dick, but it's really pointless for us to give you ideas since you're not working on it yourself. You can't answer the questions since you're not in there.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Slave cylinder and chatter.

If this was mine.

I be looking at how to go back to cable

And than throttle body also I be going back to cable.

Habu7108

Established Member
My suggestion would be to take your car somewhere else. If they can't figure it out I wouldn't want them to touch my car at all.

I don't want to be a dick, but it's really pointless for us to give you ideas since you're not working on it yourself. You can't answer the questions since you're not in there.
I'm not doing this work because I dont have a place to work, or lift to work on it.

I'm not afraid if doing my own work. The issues is that don't have the support equipment to do the job.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I'm not doing this work because I dont have a place to work, or lift to work on it.

I'm not afraid if doing my own work. The issues is that don't have the support equipment to do the job.

On ours.

The release bearing is common part.

Driveway job with basic floor jack.

I use. Old rims.

Rim under wheels is high enough to pull trans. And no need for jack stands.

Users who are viewing this thread