Clutch in on Saturday @ XMP

stang99

Um? I don't seem to remember being spanked by you. Did you paint your numbers back on the car after I left and run a sub 12.8 ET? I know you beat Juan in a great race, but we never ran. I checked my Excel files this morning and my RT against Juan was one of the worst that I have ever had. I really did wait for him to launch and then I went .08 sec after he left. Unfortunately, that was enough to get him the W but I still had the better ET. He will get no ricer fly bys on me in the future. I have 112 RT's faster than the one that Juan made in our run, and only a few slower. It is unlikely that he or any of you, will ever get another break at the tree from me.

Originally posted by jonas
spanked all yall :burnout:

jonas

Established Member
I was speaking to the guys I raced. we never lined up Patrick. Never said I had the lowest et.

Cant wait till next time. This 4 way competition is getting very exciting.

Next time we have to run each other!!!!!

stang99

Yes, I was avoiding you because you were too fast right out of the box. I need more mods to keep up with you guys so I may just hang out and watch. My day in the sun is about done since you are all getting the feel of LACR and you all have big HP. Still, it is good to see Cobras lighting up the timing displays with 12's at LACR. Gets them chebby lovers attention to see all the fast Mustangs (and, 12's are fast at LACR). I'll just go up into the stands and cheer you all on.
As for compettion, we are all lucky that it is soccer practice on Friday nights time for FiveOhDean, because he runs consistent between 12.001 and 12.200 with his car and he is always modding it for additional performance. He also gets consistent 1.8xx 60' times and good RT's so he can drive too.
BTW: Beating Juan shouldn't even count it's so easy. He could only win if you gave him enough of a head start. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was speaking to the guys I raced. we never lined up Patrick. Never said I had the lowest et.

Last edited by a moderator:

stang99

At this point I've gotta watch out for all of you since I dissed you all so bad. I think that I have all the motivation that I need to get good races at this point. I'd bet that beating me would cheer David up a bunch after I was so mean to him. He was also on street tires which can be a real problem at LACR on Friday nights for most normal people.
Maybe we should attempt to invade Fontana. I was there once on a hot day with a nail in one of my F1's and I made two runs and got a couple of 12.6's (best [email protected]) off of a 2.048 60' time. That was faster by far than C-Bad and Fontana is closer in than C-Bad. I have not looked at their schedule and it does get crowded there, but, it is an idea.

gotta watch out for dave. Its just a matter of time before he perfects his launch.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member

Think 5-6 way...

Sorry I was tied up with work.
Sounds like a good time.
JW

stang99

What do you mean? The best 60' gets there first, all things being equal. In spite of my alleged skills at racing, my 60' times are my weakness. I guess that I enjoy spinning my tires too much. Last night I was having a great time heating my tires. Huge clouds of smoke. I would have enjoyed being able to see my burnouts from the grandstands. I bet they were a spectacle. Thank goodness I ran a sub 12.8 after the last time I heated the tires since it would be really bad to heat your tires like a funny car and run 15 something. The broken Spec clutch takes burnouts really well with not a bit of strain. Makes a big difference. I tried to educate Juan on the art of roasting your tires, but he was resisting. Once he heats the Hell out of his Nittos, it is going to be all over for me since he shifts really well and launches good too. So, if I can't mod for more HP, I guess this is it. I'll come out for Sal's day and then announce my retirement.

Originally posted by jhwalker
Yep.
And then you add the tire variations, with the optimum for 60ft times generally being sub-optimum for the last 300-400 feet of the track.
Yeah babee!!!
JW

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
"What do you mean? The best 60' gets there first, all things being equal." (Tetge)

I think you just answered your own question. Would you rather be running the last 3-400 hundred feet on a taut set of radials or on the tall-sidewall sticky gumballs sashaying, wobbling and
ass-wagging back and forth? Taking the ET Streets down to 14 psi makes for an interesting ride above 90 mph.
JW

Last edited:

stang99

I wouldn't know about any of that since I only run F1's and Nittos. The Nittos are steady as a rock with 20 psi in them. Of course, I don't get 1.8xx 60' times. But, I am working on it. My Nittos are still breaking in since my 60' times have been going down with each additional run I make on them. I agree that drag radials seem to get lower trap speeds than regular street tires, but, I assumed that was because you were getting there quicker and had less time to accelerate to speed.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Man i would not want to be with u both at the same track & the same day :eek:

Well come to think of it, I personally would not want to be in the same Dinning Table with u both.......i can imagine a FOOD FIGHT :eek: :nonono:

P. I dont think u were 1 bit mean to me at all yesturday. Actually had alot of laughs because of ya :thumbsup:

George.....just u wait. I'll turn that title around on ya ;-)

jonas

Established Member
Tetge you crack me up. I loved the smack talk, its all part of the hustle and racing wouldnt be the same without the smack talk

stang99

In fact, I'll take two on this post because now I am tied with JHWalker with 775 posts. Too bad I have to go back to normal tomorrow. I could be a full time post whore, but, I have too many things to do.

Users who are viewing this thread